Running Bear’s September 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Everybody!

I got a pretty good deal on the new phone from T-Mobile, $30 something down and only $10 a month for two years with no interest. I probably could have gotten a better deal from Amazon, but I wanted the phone ASAP, I did not care what it cost. You may never hear of me saying that again!

It was a good thing I got my new cell phone quickly. No sooner than I got it setup, I get a call from my grandson's school. He was in the nurses office with a sore throat. It's my fault I should have started giving him allergy medicine. Every spring and fall his allergies flare up. He is already much better, hot chicken soup, medicine and ice cream made him feel better.

Yesterday was my oldest daughter's birthday, she was born on a Friday the 13th, 34 years ago.

Have a great day Everybody!

Gerry Meyle Sr.‎ - Railroad Images of Bygone Days
Early Conrail. Ex PC Ex PRR now Conrail GG1 4858 at Morrisville on a sunny September 7, 1976
1568462671419.png

Brian Hume - ‎Articulated & Geared Steam Engines, Model & Prototype
Aloha was once home to Aloha Mill and Shake Company. It is located two miles east of the Pacific Ocean on Beaver Creek in west central Grays Harbor County. It was founded by R. D. Emerson and W. H. Dole in 1905. The name, a Hawaiian greeting, was chosen by members of the Dole family, who were landowners and business people in Hawaii.
In 1920, Aloha Mill & Lumber Co. successfully bid on a unit of timber near Moclips, six miles away from its mill. For the next two years the company toiled at constructing a railroad to the sale site. Heavy rains during the winter months, 25 to 30 inches a month, delayed the start of logging until the summer of 1922

1568462896341.png

Photos from Ray Mayes - ‎belair-edison/mayfield: early 90's and before
Clifton Park and Belair Rd. Baltimore, MD
1568465944427.png

1568466011209.png

1568466053883.png

1568466082470.png

In this last one you can see my Mom's future house. It is the 3rd house from the end of the block on the left side of Belair Rd., the last one with an enclosed front porch, 3032 Clifton Park Terrace. The neighborhood was not the same as in this photo when I lived there in 1979.

Good Morning All. Looks like 71° and mostly clear. Only expected to reach 90° today, a welcome respite. Tomorrow it will be back in the mid to upper 90's. The nearby rain never made it this far yesterday, even after the weather bureau added a 60% chance to their forecast.
Good Morning Flo. I'll take a couple of eggs over easy with a handful of bacon this morning, if you can get away from Louis and his picture album.
Yesterday I took my wife to see the orthopedic surgeon for the six-week check up. He's happy and doesn't want to see her for another year unless she gets the other knee done before that. I asked him what he did with the "used knees"; he said that he used to give them to the pathology department, but now they have a small dog in the operating area.
We're making the final plans for our annual expedition to Gulf Shores AL coming up this Friday. Wife has decided that it will be a two day trip each way instead of the twelve hour marathon that I usually drive. Taking the southern route going (IH-49 to IH-10) and staying overnight in Baton Rouge LA after a lunchtime stop in Lafayette LA. Returning by the northern route (IH-20) and overnighting in Monroe LA. We'll stop for lunch at T-Ray's BBQ in Richland MS, just a bit south of Jackson MS. Due to my wife's current lack of mobility, we'll be staying in a condo with elevator instead of staying in a large house with our trip mates; mainly due to the stairs.

Thanks for the comments and likes regarding the residential area on the layout; Chet, Patrick, Jerome, Sherrel, Chad, Joe, Phil, Tom, Louis.
Thanks also for the likes and comments regarding the Big Boy photo; Sherrel, Randy, Joe, Phil, Tom, Louis. That was a real big event around here, took two days and three railroads to move 50 miles.

Spent some time out in the train shed yesterday, as usual. Finished up the sawdust/woodchip collector for the casket manufacturer and installed it yesterday. Some additional weathering is next. The track in the front of the picture is the main line, ballasted now, and the passing siding. The two rear tracks are still temporary while I continue to configure the exact layout of things, upon which they will be replaced with proper flex and switches. Passing siding will be ballasted today. At least that's the plan.
09-14-19 001.JPG

Chet - Nice club photos as usual.
Sherrel - I hate particle board! Even a small spill seems to warp it badly.
Phil - Too bad about Murphy coming to visit. Be positive and he'll go away.
Garry - Wow! What an unfortunate turn of events. Thoughts and prayers from me to you as well as your MIL and BIL.
Louis - I thought of your Baltimore pictures when I posted that shot with the Dallas County Courthouse in the background. In Dallas (and Houston as well), they have a tendency to just raze older structures and put up glass and concrete behemoths. In Ft Worth and San Antonio, they tend to keep the older buildings around.

More later.
Everybody have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

I don't post much on Facebook any more, too many people unfriended me :( , but it's ok, most of my old friends have stuck with me. :) Not to mention if people have not learned the truth by now, they never will.

I do enjoy many of the posts from many different groups, rail fans, sports fans, history buff and other groups on facebook.

I know several guys on here don't use facebook so I try to pick out the best to share.

I don't post much on Facebook any more, too many people unfriended me :( , but it's ok, most of my old friends have stuck with me. :) Not to mention if people have not learned the truth by now, they never will.

I do enjoy many of the posts from many different groups, rail fans, sports fans, history buff and other groups on facebook.

I know several guys on here don't use facebook so I try to pick out the best to share.
Louis, I didn’t unfriend you, though FB Is only allowing me to see posts from about five of my friends. They have decided you are not among those five... I guess that’s why we have he forum.
BTW, you’ve got mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back