Running Bear’s October 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, who had their under-pants on fire because they thought I couldn't build a mower deck...
Deck7_10-22-2020.jpg

A 3-blader! Only problem is, it won't fit in the back of the pick-up now.

Have a good noight, everyone!

I got a surprise gift box tonight from far up north. All the way from Milwaukee Wisconsin to North Carolina!! Thank you very much Greg!!

View attachment 119896

Oh boy if you never had them you are in for a treat! I miss living in Wisconsin! Home of the dairy and bratwurst & sausage and Beer!

Hell when I was growing up there in the 70's we had field trips at school in Milwaukee at all 4 breweries lol loved it! Not to mention all the cheese factories and dairy farms lol

Good mooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrninnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng Model Railroaders!

Sorry. No donuts today. Had too much bread/carbs yesterday. Just coffee and bacon.

NICE MOWER! Even the underpants on fire 3-bladder deck.

Yep... that's what I keep seeing... "3 bladders"... Man, I'd be up all night peeing if I had three bladders
Funny how the mind fills in those missing letters to make a word more familiar. (I live in a condo and don't cut my own grass).

Yesterday, went out in the warm and muggy afternoon (75° but right after two days of rain) and got the mega kat box hosed out, gasket replaced. The little fuzzy conductor is pooing in style again.

Also, got book #5 off to the typo hunters in the post-editing phase. It goes live on Oct 31, so I have to upload to Amazon by Oct 27.

Back to work on Book #6 today, in between the piles of laundry.

Oh, and trains... picked up my 1-inch risers and was redoing the track plan. I might have hosed myself a couple of places. I've got a LOT of risers for sub-roadbed crisscrossing the benchwork. Those lines need to tie back in together before Seattle... but if they stay apart then I can do this cool dual height layered look at that end...

So, lots of playing around, no real decisions. I'm debating adding a scenic 1-ft bump out to this end (Misty Valley) to put the fishing shack and a waterfront in. There's spur line coming around the valley to camera-right that can be brought around a little farther to meet up the bump-out. I think that might give the first major visual some more punch, and another layer of scenery.
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 6.48.38 AM.png

And here's the small tunnel, with removable top. I need to get the trackbed and track laid before I can get the portals sized, and plaster cloth added. But, I need to figure out the track plan for the other end. Well.... I could lay that section of track. I know where it goes no matter what the lines to Seattle do...
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 6.49.52 AM.png

Good morning modelers and train lovers. The rain in So. Central Wisconsin is starting to wind down per the TV weather guy but can’t prove that in our neighborhood. It is 39f degrees but the wind chill is 31. We have the grandkids this afternoon as their parents get ready for the Wisconsin Badgers 1st game of the year tonight.

Not sure what I want to do today. Too many irons in the fire sort of thing. Willie no power is not fun. Many years ago we ended up buying a full house generator because the winter storms were knocking our power out. That was in Central Wisconsin. We have been pretty lucky since we moved here in 2014. We have the generator but it only gets tested weekly. Enjoy your day. TomO

No thunderstorm here!
Was 75 degrees yesterday and the same is expected tday - believe it or not - there is a 30% chance of rain on Sunday? That would produce untold fender benders since there is probably many new drivers on the road who have never driven on a wet street!

Off to take the Spousal Unit and her sister to a clinic up the road where they are having some type of girlie procedure done to remove aging spots - Hmmmm!

Well - that's my news this morning --GUY, Your tractor looks great! I'm still trying to figure out how you made the tires? I cannot seem to wrap my ears around them?

Nice photos, JOE, Like the GP-10!

Morning, everyone! 8°F this cold morning, it's supposed to be clear sky's; but, I don't see any satellites when looking out the window. Looks grey and cold to me.
the power has been out since 0230.
That's why I keep a couple of loaded, metal oil lamps in the cupboard. I don't like candles much, and flashlights always have low batteries when you need them most.

Troy - The layout work is really looking sweet. I hope to try a fishing shack or boat and a water feature as well. Such notable features really add to a diorama.
Boris - Very interesting photos. I always pay attention to the scenery in the photos you find. The mid-sixties was an easier time it seems to me.
Chet - You have way more snow than us further north. I knew the main brunt of snowfall fell starting in the Calgary area and going south. We only have about an inch on the ground right now. It's coming, though! - You always post wonderful layout photos!

I'm not going to spend all day with my face planted in a computer, like yesterday. Nope - I'm going to do some modeling. Planning on starting another structure, even though the hardware is not yet finished. It should help with the downtime while I'm waiting for paint to dry. This is the building I'm going to start:
CoffeeShop1_10-23-2020.JPG

It just showed up in the mail yesterday, along with two other DPM structures.

I offer one more photo of that 'lawn' tractor; I'm not sure if that deck is too big. It is what it is, though:
DeckSize_10-22-2020.jpg

That photo was taken when I was still building it. Since then, the serpentine belts have been added :rolleyes:😉🙃

And one more photo today. This is the sign I'm contemplating to print for the hardware store. It's a 1960's sign, and I don't mind it. I don't think Ace made it to Canada, but, the sign is nice.
AceLogo_1964.jpg

Sherrel - I made the wheels with this punch set, as well as everything else that is tiny and round; including the wheel masks for painting.
Punch.jpg

Have a great day, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back