Running Bear’s November 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening gang!

Terry, sorry to hear about Marie's falls.. I got a roll of bubble wrap if ya need it. Don't sweat the work thing, at this point you are not going to affect the outcome, so why worry.

A few days ago WMSR 1309 (formerly C&O 1309) went on the first test run actually pulling a train from the yard at Ridgely W.VA to a spot known as Helmstetter's curve, part of the way to Frostburg. If all goes according to plan, she will be in service this spring. At some point this year I will be on that train. IBKen, wanna ride along??

Nice video, I especially like the drone shots. And to think this loco was rusting away in the B&O museum in Baltimore 7 years ago! They did a beautiful rebuild!
CnO1309.jpg

Now if only they could get the 2-8-4 that was behind her....

I hope everyone has a very nice THANKSGIVING DAY HOLIDAY!
I'm still trying to catch up with all the posts - and there are too many for me to comment on - just be aware that I do read what you have to say.

The Spousal Unit is still a "hot mama" and we had a great time; liked to froze at one of the band performances. The G-son's band won the Bronze overall and won 1st in both the percussion and presentation! I call him the little drummer boy - CSBC stands for California State Band Competition.
K ans S at band night.jpg
Aidan with band medal 01.jpg
CSBC Aidan's medal02.jpg

. . .
A few days ago WMSR 1309 (formerly C&O 1309) went on the first test run actually pulling a train from the yard at Ridgely W.VA to a spot known as Helmstetter's curve, part of the way to Frostburg. If all goes according to plan, she will be in service this spring. At some point this year I will be on that train. IBKen, wanna ride along??
. . .
Yep! Just LMK when the tickets go on sale...assuming that they're not already sold out when that news goes public...

Good evening Shop Dwellers!

Sherrell - congrats to your grandson on his award!

Curt - your resurrected layout is really coming along nicely!

I don't have anything useful to add to the other discussions, so I'll just wish everybody a happy Thanksgiving Day.

Good Night - and have a Pleasant Tomorrow!

Well, howdy there turkey gobbler internet people.

It's Troy again.

Here in the USofA it's turkey day.

Well, with us, it's turkey-free day. We prefer a good honey-baked ham. And we're off to grandma's with one.

Since our daughter is gluten and dairy sensitive, and she's driving in from 2 hours away to see us all, wife was baking up a frenzy last evening for dishes she can eat. I was informed that daughter had requested my infamous baked beans.

Recipe below. Note, due to a sis-in-law that's vegetarian, I've left the bacon out. I'm not sure what VanCamps puts in the can, but with all three cans, I could locate NO little ham-hocks of fat. None. Zero. Perhaps they have a photo of a ham on the canning machine and count that?

Here's the recipe:
Three cans (16oz? each) of Pork n beans
1/2 cup of bbq sauce - Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ preferred
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
Important - DRAIN Juice from cans of beans. Seriously. If you don't, you're making soup, not baked beans!
Mix ingredients in oven safe bowl
Bake at 350°F for 45 min
Optional. Add a layer of bacon to the top of dish before baking. Or, if you're not into BBQ taste, cut the sauce 1:1 with ketchup

Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 5.47.06 AM.png

Good morning.....It sure is nice knowing that I'm 10 degrees Warmer here in the north than Terry in the south.

You know when you NEED coffee when you pour the beans in the filter basket instead of the grinder. My wife looked at me and said what the heck are you doing.
Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Good morning y'all, and Happy Thanksgiving. May your bellies be filled and your tvs watch you nap as the games go on this afternoon.

Flo- Coffee, please. I'm going to change it up this morning. Carve me a few slices of ham please. And if you have any, throw a few slices of bacon in for good measure. That's right, I'll be in the corner.

I've been pretty busy the last couple of days, so I haven't been able to read everything, but I'll try to catch up. In the meantime, we'll hit the highlights.

Terry- Sorry about your wife's falls, but glad they weren't serious. Don't worry about work, whatever happens will be for the best anyway.

Sherrel- Congrats to you G-son.

To all- keep the pics coming. I may not always have time to read the posts, but the pics are nice.

I'm going to enjoy the next few days while I can, because I know next week is going to be a busy week.

Y'all have a blessed day. And remember to give thanks for those blessings.

Good morning.....It sure is nice knowing that I'm 10 degrees Warmer here in the north than Terry in the south.

You know when you NEED coffee when you pour the beans in the filter basket instead of the grinder. My wife looked at me and said what the heck are you doing.
Happy Thanksgiving Day.
There are days when I impress everyone with my technical prowess and rapier wit.
Then, there are days when I look for my glasses while I'm wearing them...

So, which are you using where, or is it a bit of a general mix? New or used? How do they match lengthwise, similar piece against similar piece i.e. straight section against the same etcetera? Are you planning on using standard DC or DCC for control? That will make quite a difference to how easy or not the wiring can be set up.
Hornby and Peco 00/H0 track sections match perfectly together. It's exactly the same geometry. They are brand new. I'm definitively a DC guy (I'm old school).

Good morning all! 8 and rainy here and supposed to stay that way for a while. My granddaughter is feeling much better with the Covid, just a cough and runny nose still going on. Her dad is still not feeling well and I suspect he has Covid too, but don't know for sure.

Karl: Thanks for posting that video of 1309. She looks amazing and I'd love to get a chance to ride that train one day. Amazing how good she looks after seeing how bad she looked before.
Terry: Hope your wife is doing well.
Sherrel: Congrats to your grandson!

Happy Thanksgiving and/or Happy Thursday to all from one of at least three Kens in the forums 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back