Running Bear’s November 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomO - Here is the lowdown: When I first worked for the airline in K.C., one of the crew schedulers there and I became good friends and he was from G. Bay. All he ever talked about was the Packers!
After a while, it just sort of "Rubbed off" on me and I started cheering for them along with him.
Prior to that, I was a dyed-in-the-wool Dallas fan - I guess because that is because my dad loved to watch. This was in 1964 and I have been a 'Cheeze Headed Packer Fan' ever since -- I claim, as Patrick said about the GN, that I like the colors- lol!
I have to say that I was not pleased with Rogers' action a while back! I think he suffered both mentally and physically after he was hurt pretty badly!

WOW, Thank you so much for that! I certainly did - and I am very proud of that fact and of her!
I was 48 and single when we met and when I first saw her, I knew that she was the one.
The fact that she was single, no alimony, no child support, with three daughters under the age of 10 did not phase me.
I thought that she looked like a movie star and to me she still does.
She went through a transition period of bariatric surgery, losing 1/2 of her weight, now back to where she was when we married. It has given her so much vitality and energy that I have a hard time keeping up with her! I just hope now that she does not "dump me" for a younger guy!
I feel that I won the lottery!
Lottery wins are nice, I am married to one also

TomO

I have to say that I was not pleased with Rogers' action a while back! I think he suffered both mentally and physically after he was hurt pretty badly!

Sherrel: I think Aaron Rogers has lost a lot of fan support after his Covid and now Washington Post situation. What will his sitting out a game that the Pack lost and could of won mean to the Pack at the end of the season and the beginning of the Playoffs?

Fans would of never seen Bart Starr behave like Rogers!

Greg

Last edited:
Sherrel: I think Aaron Rogers has lost a lot of fan support after his Covid and now Washington Post situation. What will his sitting out a game that the Pack lost and could of won mean to the Pack at the end of the season and the beginning of the Playoffs?

Fans would of never seen Bart Starr behave like Rogers!

Greg
The old days though are gone. Who knows what Bart Starr would have done making 30 million a year playing plus 20 mill in yearly endorsements? I don’t think it’s the money for A Rod. I believe it is the ridiculous and intense media insane coverage these guys have to put up with. All the GB press knew Paul Hornurg was gambling but didn’t write it up until the NFL found out and punished him. Now a days we generally know about issues or made up issues pretty quick.

TomO

Hornby and Peco 00/H0 track sections match perfectly together. It's exactly the same geometry. They are brand new. I'm definitively a DC guy (I'm old school).
Being matched makes it easier. I'm assuming that the outer radius is the largest and there is a smaller one that runs parallel to it available to form a double track where I'm suggesting the yard lead to be. Using DC control it will be necessary to have the outer and inner sections insulated from each other so a loco/train can operate independently of the other. Some redesign of the bottom section is probably needed, especially so the train running on the outer ring is not out of action whilst the switching is going on or vice-versa. Each section or "block" will need it's own Power pack/controller too.

Evening all,

Kids are gone, got the tree up and theoutside lights up. I go simple as I have 4 lit wreaths and replace the ribbons every year. They go on the light fixtures on the front porch and 3 garage lights. Not as elaborate as the neighbors, but still show some spirit.

Going to the K.C. area tomorrow to visit mom. She'd been in quarantine for the past month. My sister was with her today, so I'll go tomorrow.

Have a good evening.

Ahhh... full belly.

And no pie.

How did that happen?

there was plenty of pie. Wife made her famous creamed cheese cherry pie

And someone brought pumpkin pie.

Since I'm not a fan of cherries, and I refuse to eat any vegetable that smiles at me... seriously... have you seen pumpkins on Halloween. I'm not getting near anything made of them. They're angry over getting carved up!

Let me check... yep belly still full.

Honeybaked ham
Hawaiian rolls with apple butter
sweetpotato casarole
mashed taters

and cookies. They yummy iced with sprinkles homemade sugar cookie type.

didn't need pie after all.

Daughter and family are gone, dishwasher is running and I am full. Dinner was a resounding success. Granddog got some turkey trimmings and the local vultures got part of a carcass. I laid it next to a skunk in the road that they have been feasting on for two days! Daughter brought sweet potato pie and pecan pie. Barely able to squeeze the leftovers in the fridge.

On a side note. We got a call yesterday from the hospital that all of the lab results from last Fridays procedure came back favorable, and they wanted again to re-schedule wife's surgery for Monday now.

Making pie is as easy as... pie, seriously. I can make many kinds, in two hours I can have four different pies cooling. I have never made a pumpkin or a sweat potato pie. I don't like pumpkin or sweat potato pie. I won't make any pie I can't sample. With all the great fruit pies why would anyone use vegetables to make pie? I don't understand, but to each his own. My favorite pie is pecan, French apple and mixed berry are among my favorites, but all basic fruit pies are great.

My wife made all the deserts this year. Apple pie, pumpkin pie, brownies, cheesecake and her crowd favorite, cranberry cake.

Only problem, I'm diabetic and I only sample small bite of any desert.

Even before I was diabetic I seldom ever ate desert on Thanksgiving. I love the foods my wife makes for Thanksgiving dinner and I seldom left room for dessert. In the past I did eat pie for breakfast on black Friday!

Last edited:
Rest in peace!

Attachments

• main-qimg-8daa406650de2a77e3632c4ada851f3d-lq.jpg
    main-qimg-8daa406650de2a77e3632c4ada851f3d-lq.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 74
Well All, just suffered through the worst Thanksgiving ever for me thanks to COVID…. Started feeling ill last Wednesday, thought it was just a head cold. By the weekend I was feeling better, but wife was starting to feel ill. Monday I was a mess, but test came back negative. Wife got tested Wednesday and was positive. Haven’t felt this bad in a long time, seriously considered hospital, but think I might really be mending this time. Having the Lupus has me a little nervous, unfortunately when I get sick it hits me pretty hard and sticks around a little longer, but you know, it is what it is…. I do hope everyone enjoyed their Turkey day, had some good food, good company, and good times😉 My wife and I will be cooking through the week I guess, gotta have me some Thanksgiving eats!!! lol

Daughter and family are gone, dishwasher is running and I am full. Dinner was a resounding success. Granddog got some turkey trimmings and the local vultures got part of a carcass. I laid it next to a skunk in the road that they have been feasting on for two days! Daughter brought sweet potato pie and pecan pie. Barely able to squeeze the leftovers in the fridge.

On a side note. We got a call yesterday from the hospital that all of the lab results from last Fridays procedure came back favorable, and they wanted again to re-schedule wife's surgery for Monday now.
Congratulations Willie! Making an entire Thanksgiving dinner is a great accomplishment! I have not done that since 2001 and I doubt I could do it now.

In 2002 I had turkey hotdogs with my Dalmatian, Mickey for Thanksgiving dinner. We both enjoyed our meal as we sat on the floor watching football.

In 2003 I met my Hungarian wife and I introduced her to Thanksgiving. I told her the menu I liked and she made the best Thanksgiving dinner I ever had! I've been spoiled ever since. All I do now is cook the turkey, the easy part.

Well howdy there internet stuffed turkeys (and all you non-Americans who ate sensible amounts yesterday)

Chris, sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Hope your illness is short and easy.

Today, I'll call in with the CC# to make final payment on the cruise in Feb. Since I'm travelling with four non-sports nuts (yep, only four people in our party) there won't be any football. And, by my calculation, We'll be back in NOLA the week of no-game in the Nuffle. ;) :cool:

It's currently 28°f in the Fort this morning. Since it was sprinkly-drizzle last night, that means we've got our first real snow of the season.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 5.30.04 AM.png

Stuck to the grass and the grills. Pavement and asphalt were still too warm for the evil whiteness to cling too. Next time it won't be.

Wife and sis-in-law promised me a burrito and some queso dip for lunch. So I'm looking forward to that.

Otherwise I promised myself I'd get 5k Words Worded today. Cover me, I'm going in!

Still need to write Sherrel into the book somewhere. He'd obviously be flying a Sopwith Camel. Wonder what his call-sign is? Shredsalot?

Being matched makes it easier. I'm assuming that the outer radius is the largest and there is a smaller one that runs parallel to it available to form a double track where I'm suggesting the yard lead to be. Using DC control it will be necessary to have the outer and inner sections insulated from each other so a loco/train can operate independently of the other. Some redesign of the bottom section is probably needed, especially so the train running on the outer ring is not out of action whilst the switching is going on or vice-versa. Each section or "block" will need it's own Power pack/controller too.
Thanks for your reply. You're absolutely right. I'll keep all these very good advices in my mind.

Good morning all! A frosty 22 here this morning heading for sunny and 38 for the day.

Had a pretty good Thanksgiving, but not as good as it could have been since my daughter, son in-law and grandkids couldn't attend due to Covid. Daughter and grandson are fine, but quarantined due to SIL and granddaughter having Covid. My granddaughter is pretty much over it and feeling good again. Her dad is still feeling pretty rough.
My son, his daughter (my oldest granddaughter) and her boyfriend were all here for dinner. My wife did her usual amazing job of serving up a feast.

Heading in to work soon for Black Friday. I worked it last year and it was kinda fun actually. Very busy, but not Walmart style crazy. Our Black Friday seems to be a bit calmer than in general merchandise stores. Working in a home improvement/hardware environment is better, although we still get the occasional self entitled wacko's from time to time.

Hope you all have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back