Running Bear’s November 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherrel, Houston may not have choked up, but they did cut down their swings many times. I really enjoyed watching a game that was not a homerun derby!
I miss playing baseball too. I miss coaching even more than playing.

Boris, its not TV directly that has had such a bad influence on sports. It's the greed that TV feeds.

Good morning all! 37 degrees, frosty and overcast heading up to 48 and sunny later on. Gonna have to get moving a little faster this morning when I leave for work. Went out yesterday to leave and found the windows were all frosted up on my pickup. Hadn't put an ice scraper in there yet, so off to the garage I hurried to find one. Found one finally and headed out to scrape. Put the scraper on the windshield, pressed down and the stupid thing broke in half. So instead of rushing back to the garage for another one, I just sat there and let the truck warm up enough to melt the frost away. Today I'm definitely going out and starting it earlier so I don't have to rush around so much.
Nothing much else to report this morning. Really enjoying seeing all the pictures being posted and reading about what's going on with you all here in the shop each day.
Hope you all have a great day!
OB Ken

Morning all,

39° and cloudy in Doo-Dah this morning. Supposed to be off and on rain through tomorrow morning. High today of 46°.

Not a lot going on yet today. Yesterday I found out a software vendor needs our system to be configured differently to accommodate their software upgrade. Problem is in 5 weeks we don't have time to make that switch, test and make sure it works for all users. So looking into another option.

Is it time to retire yet? I've been doing this type of work for nearly 40 years...I'm getting tired.

Good morning gang!

45° with drizzle, yech, gonna be that way all day today. It's a shame I have to be at work today.

Flo my dear, got any more of the biscuits and gravy left, maybe with a side of scrapple??

Patrick, it seems to me that the vendor needs to adjust the product to the customer's need, not the other way around. Or someone else will.

Boris, Wow, that wreck must have been a real mess!

Time to work, BBL

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 52°. High today is supposed to be 58°, well below yesterday's high of 77°. Rain is still in the forecast for today and tomorrow, but the current radar doesn't give any hint of heavy activity. Thursday night's chance of freezing is now at 38° so that's gone away. Historically my first freeze is around November 20.
Staci the nurse, showed up yesterday in her flannel pajama bottoms! Wife says that it is the current style. She firmly commanded that I don't reciprocate since I sleep naturally.
Headed out early this morning for a 8:15 appointment with the family physician for the quarterly check-up. My wife is also supposed to go for hers as well, but that might not happen. Technically it's annual physical time for us both, but all that means is an EKG is included with the usual blood draws and listening to the heartbeat.

Thanks to all who liked or commented on the progress photos yesterday; Sherrel, Karl, Christian, Patrick, Chad, Guy, Tom O, Steve J, Hughie, Curt, Gary, Rick, Louis, Joe, IB Ken, Paul, OB Ken.

BLT with extra bacon for me today Flo. Sugar-free A&W Root Beer to go with it.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I added six figures and a forklift to the Ramones scene.
IMG_8064.JPG

IMG_8065.JPG

IMG_8066.JPG

I have a couple of others, but I haven't painted them yet.
Meanwhile I have gotten the urge to assemble another freight car as my next project. I picked out my last remaining P2K kit that I have had for almost 20 years.
IMG_8050.JPG

IMG_8051.JPG

Yes, another grain hopper. Note the price for this kit, $10.50; MSRP at the time was $14.00. This is a difficult kit to build, I have already built 14 of them over the 20 years. Many tiny and fragile parts, but I enjoyed every build.

Patrick - The wind here last week was quite vigorous for quite an extended period of time. I managed with only a few broken branches, all smaller around than my finger. You don't have to tell me about clay soil, I have 15 acres of it! With a water trap and a regulator, the air compressor can be used with an airbrush as well.
Sherrel -
One thing I want to do concerning the forum is to start saving more of the great photos that you guys post to a separate file with chapters devoted to each person that I save from.
I've done that and later realized that I never went back and looked at any.:confused:
Guy - That figure box was something that one of my kids used in art class in grade school in the last century. At the time I was painting unpainted figures and just dumping them in a Ziploc bag also. The various compartments hold different poses; sitting men, walking women, children etc. I used 2" x 4" structures years ago when all three kids were in college at the same time!
D&J Ken - It is good to see you posting back in the Coffee Shop. I missed your sharp wit and sarcastic sense of humor.
Heading out to the voting booth in a few minutes. Guess I'll mess with some of the campaign workers while I'm there.
Glad to read that you're voting. May the most popular candidate win. There should be plenty of campaign workers there.
Greg - The main apple variety that I know of with red and green is the Macintosh, but it is green on top instead of bottom. Here's a link that may help you:
Apple varieties
Curt - It looks like the van in Scooby Doo, although I didn't watch the show often enough to notice!
Joe - It is supposed to resemble a CB antenna.

Today is All Soul's Day, or to the Hispanic folks around here, Día de Muertos, or Day of the Dead. They actually go to their departed family members graves and party there.
Everybody have a great day. Stay safe.

It's the greed that TV feeds.
Louis: Absolutely. But they, and their advertisers are the source of cash that enables the greed.

Those campaign workers aren't very well informed or are completely void of the main issues.
Ken(VA): Not surprising. most are there for the extra few bucks they get to be there all day.

I picked out my last remaining P2K kit that I have had for almost 20 years.
Willie: I have a few of those P2K kits on the shelf myself. Been around at least that long.

Boris, Wow, that wreck must have been a real mess!
Karl: I was still in High School, and was at my buddy's big brothers in Lancaster County. We were having a late fall picnic at the park adjacent to the Safe Harbor Dam. We noticed passenger trains, coming off and going for the Port Road, which were an unusual sight. The next day, I found out why. The newspapers were full of accounts of the wreck and fire. Four years later, I was working on the railroad, and worked with the crew members involved. Initially, excess speed was suspected, as Elkton is in somewhat of a gully, between Iron Hill to the North, and Bacon hill to the South. Later in the process of cleaning up, they found the burnt off journal, which changed the focus as to why no one noticed the hot box in the middle of a 100 car train...
comparing the size of Australia to the US
Ray: Very interesting comparison. I knew Australia was big, but that changes my perspective, for sure.

Today is cloudy and raw, with light rain predicted. Not a good yard day. A frost is predicted for the morning, and that means the leaves will begin to fall. Last year, this time, they were mostly down. I'm not sure if I'm going to see the lawn service any more this year. I may try it myself. If I'm successful, I won't need them next year. The Caps point streak was ended last night, when they suffered a regulation loss to Tampa bay.:(

TV61 WB @ MO 7-01-1987 Cresson PA.jpg

TV61 Westbound at Cresson, PA 07-01-1987.
CR Mail 4 eng # 3295 at CP MO Cresson PA 04-23-1990.jpg

Eastbound Mail 4 passing through Cresson, PA 1990

Christian, now you need some turnouts, so the inner loop can go to the middle loop and the middle can go to the outer loop and the outer loop can go to the inner loop. Yes, it may take some elevation changes but it can be done!
Sir, obeying to your direct order I have completely dismantled my layout to rebuild a new one according to your instructions. My whole team is working very hard on it, night and day, seven days a week.

7878552.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back