Running Bear’s November 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Did some more punch list then headed to the train room to weather 4 Pennsy H21a's (coal hopper) that a friend gave me. They already have scratch loads, KD couplers and wheel sets. Last night the weather guesser related that we have had 138 days of 90+ temps this year. Currently we have a cool and windy 66 F. Brrrrr...

Willie- Great looking town.

Joe/Chet- Thank you for your kind words.

Ken- I like the idea of overgrown grass and trees.

Johnny- Looks like good progress on your layout.

Chet- Ed's looks awesome and the ALCO's look really nice.

Greg- Nice looking loco.

Joe- Nice historical photo. I think Baldwin's have the best sound.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good Morning all. Not a bad day here in H-Town, a little on the cool side but mostly sunny.
My vote, for what it's worth, No politics, and NW-2
We are on our way to go turkey hunting. Looking for a smoking turkey. I told her smoking isn't go for the bird and even the turkey's on TV are using Chantix. Oh, Oh I see "if I listened closer I would have heard SMOKED TURKEY" Later!
That's like the sign we have in our supermarkets, where cigarettes etc are only sold at the service desk. "No smoking products will be sold to anyone under the age of 18". So don't ask for a toasted sandwich.

Espeefan- nice haul from Trainfest. This year’s visit for me was more of a “look & see” at the various vendor & manufacturers booths. Definite plans to go back in 2 years, when the WC is the “celebrated railroad”.
Greg- sounds like you’ve been getting more snow down your way than we’ve seen up here in the middle of the state. Dusting to an inch or so at a time. Both yesterday & again today. Just enough to be a nuisance. We paid $2.27 at KwikTrip in Portage, on the way home from State Fair Park. MOH/chauffeur wanted to stop at the Ben Franklin in Oconomowoc(she wanted an excuse to head west & avoid traffic heading north, with the Packers having the 3:30 game at Lambeau). She picked up some fabric for ornaments she makes. She found a RR-related fabric, so she can make some more train ornaments.
Patrick- Mopar, Coke & New Glarus(or Point).

I keep coming back just to remain sane. Thanks BOB .
About the only thing I have to contribute is to PUSH, not pull your track cleaner car. Get the dirt get on the pad not the wheels of the loco.
Thanks to all who post the pixs Love to view them.
Prayers for all.
Phil

Good evening all, I decided to stop by and see what's been going on ??

Evening Francine, Flo, I think I'd like an apple fritter, if Gary left any, and some coffee.

I've been trying to get my health issues straightened out. Still no resolution but blood work implies everything is ok but insulin production amount needs to be checked so I have to go to the lab again.

How is everyone doing ?

Last edited:
'evening gents! 28*F, calm and dark in my central MD neighborhood.

Thanks y'all for the "likes" and supportive comments/suggestions on the photos I posted yesterday!

This is just a quick update on what I mentioned yesterday about possibly swapping out the narrow+tall gray building with a DPM 'homegrown' brick warehouse. I recovered it from the attic, did a mock-up test fit, and voila - it fit perfectly, as if it had been intended for that spot all along...ain't serendipity grand!:p

SouthBrooklynBrickWarehouseMockup.jpg

As you can see, the rightward end nearly touches the backdrop; and since it's only half the height of the original structure, I can easily hide that end with a small cluster of average-height trees to create the appearance that it is merely one end of a much-larger building. So I won't need to buy a water tower, although if I already had one I'd most likely use it.

The wide-open expanse in the foreground will be getting some 'fill dirt' mounds covered with grass and shrubs. I'm thinking I'll put in a rutted gravel maintenance lane beside the ROW, and erect a chain-link fence in front of the warehouse spur track. That will make it seem like a separate property, having its road access behind and off-layout.

Now I need to study some photos of ratty, undeveloped commercial real estate to make the greenery look believable...

Being summoned, gotta run. Prayers for everyone who needs 'em!

Good evening all, I decided to stop by and see what's been going on ??

Evening Francine, Flo, I think I'd like an apple fritter, if Gary left any, and some coffee.

I've been trying to get my health issues straightened out. Still no resolution but blood work implies everything is ok but insulin production amount needs to be checked so I have to go to the lab again.

How is everyone doing ?
Great to hear from you,sorry to hear your not feeling well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back