Running Bear’s May 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon,

Finally got some things dealt with this afternoon, but the vendor will get my call again in the morning as I really need them to assist with an IP tunnel (not vpn). I need a day to cool off.

Speaking of cooling off, we've had quite a bit of heavy rain showers over the past 2 hours. An inch or so wouldn't surprise me. Almost going home time, so we'll see how much rain I hit.

Well, Howdy there model railroad people.

Not much on the hobby front.

But, we did get our replacement cruise booked this afternoon. Slightly bigger ship we have not been on yet. We're now platinum with Norwegian Cruise Line, and we've only been on the Jewel class or smaller ships. We actually saved money thanks to the cancellation. 7 day cruise instead of 5 day, slightly cheaper due to no Key West port charges.

Looks like we'll be sailing the Western Caribbean from New Orleans on the Breakaway Jan 30. If you're in the mood for a vacation, feel free to call your TA and come sail with us. We're nice, and shower most days. I usually just sit and watch the ocean go by. And eat. It's a cruise so those calories don't count, right? ;)

Other than the French Quarter, Bourbon Street, and the WWII museum, anything we absolutely have to do/see in NOLA? One of our party is a vegetarian, and most of us aren't into seafood (fish-n-chips is about our speed).

Feel free to make recommendations!

Good afternoon. Went and brought Ginger back home. It was hard but she is back, sitting next to her buddy Hank.
thumbnail_20210518_141149.jpg
Got some of my chores taken care of prior to my Tuesday lunch.

Ken - I can understand the rant. Some idiots can't seem to digest EVIDENCE right in front of them.

Tom - Good looking start to a garden. We used to love our garden but now the kids are grown and out on their own and we turned it back to grass. My grandfather loves to work in the garden. That's my daughter with him who is now 45.

thumbnail_20200905_130826.jpg thumbnail_20200905_130912.jpg

Willie - The build is looking good and fits right in where you have it.

Joe - Always enjoy your proto photos.

Greg - Glad that you got the dealership to get their poop in a group. Well done. Should have asked for a years free car washes.

While at lunch, I order 4 cans of my favorite micro brew, Grazing Cloud. They had canned it at the bar and I had to see how they did it. After filling the 4 cans at the tap, it was put into a gizmo that spun the can and had the top sealed. Pretty cool. They have 104 different montana micro brews on tap. YES, I have tried all of them, but not in one day. Took quite a few month.

thumbnail_20210518_123733.jpg

thumbnail_20210518_123848.jpg

thumbnail_20210518_123914.jpg

thumbnail_20210518_124247.jpg

Notice that NO MASKS ARE REQUIRED

Later

Good Afternoon....summer has returned to this part of Wisconsin! Low 70's today and the 80's to follow. Maybe some much needed rain for the farmers who have been planting corn and soy beans this past weekend.

TomO: you are so correct about a drape to hide the stored stuff under one's layout. The draping really finishes off the scene. Great looking silos.

We spent our weekend at the cabin on our 46th Wedding Anniversary. Too bad we don't keep track of the members in our wedding party. Many of them have retired and then moved away. We stopped at a local watering hole to meet a friend who lost her husband and I played a dice game where you have to shake "five of a kind" in two shakes. My first shake was four, fours and my last shake a four to make the "five of a kind" and I won the pot!!! Cheap day since I only had one soda during the time I was in the place.

Today was my day at the Fitness Club and a session with my Personal Trainer. I think I see some small improvements. I mentioned that I been having trouble walking or standing so I use a walker. I think after a year of sitting at either the computer or television my legs lost all their strength. Been here before and it takes time to recover. My doctors told me to stay inside since I was a high risk if I contracted the virus.

I been planning a shelf layout that I can sit at and work on the track, wiring and scenery should I not recover. Hate to see the layout go. My friends can mishandle the layout in a day and save what they can like signals, some track, trees and structures. The lumber can be used for the framing of the next layout. I can do a shelf layout with a drop bridge to allow continuous running. Only a back up plan at this time.

Looked up in my garage rafters and I saw a Gold Mine of stored lumber. 2X4's treated and untreated, plywood and 1X2's to name some of the wood.

Have to get to Walthers to use a Gift Certificate that I received last Christmas.

While at lunch, I order 4 cans of my favorite micro brew, Grazing Cloud. They had canned it at the bar and I had to see how they did it. After filling the 4 cans at the tap, it was put into a gizmo that spun the can and had the top sealed. Pretty cool. They have 104 different Montana micro brews on tap. YES, I have tried all of them, but not in one day. Took quite a few month.

Chet: With that many active taps, how do they keep the beer lines clean and the beer fresh? Neat looking place to visit.

I miss gardening. The garden was in the lower back yard and I built a shed to house all of the gardening equipment. Plants grew well because the soil was virgin ground with only the apple trees that once grew there to use the ground. Our house was built in an old apple orchard and there is two remaining apple trees well over 100 years old each and due to be cut down soon. I once found at a rummage sale a section map of our property that dated back to 1920's. Few houses, but I recognized some of the names and landmarks. The road just beyond our land was a gravel road up to the late 1960's.

Better run..................

Greg

Hello Shop Dwellers! It's 68*F and calm under clear skies here at my central MD home.

THANKS for all the "likes", comments, and sympathy frowns in response to my previous two postings: Phil, Gary, Hughie, GT, Tom-O, Steve, Karl, Patrick, Tom (Cambria), Ray, Garry, Sherrell, Guy, Joe, Chet, Willie

Terry
- Wow! I was hoping that Murphy's Monday attack on me would divert him away from you...but no such luck. The bastard obviously has the gift of bi-location!

. . .
Both my daughters (ages 33 and 27) have an eye condition called Retinitis Pigmentosa. They are losing their sight, in other words. Both are already (and have been for some time) totally night blind. Next their day-vision retina cells die off from the outside in, meaning they lose their daytime peripheral vision. Youngest is down to about 40 degrees of total peripheral vision. Normal people have about 180 degrees. I see like a cat at night - they literally cannot see a thing.

Sorry, not sure why I felt the need to share. Youngest told her mother and sister yesterday, that sitting at the table, she could not see all her mothers face. Distance of about 3 feet. Yikes.
-----Steve
Steve - sorry to hear of your daughters' dreadful eye affliction! Don't worry about sharing stuff like that, that's one of the things we do here in the Coffee Shop thread. As a result of reading your post, I wrote-up a prayer index card* for your daughters and you. [* Index cards are the only way I can remember exactly who to pray for, and what to pray about!]

. . .
Ken - First time that I have seen a diagram of your layout benchwork. It looks like you could and probably have made a great layout. Lets have more pictures, even of unfinished areas. Heck, I post them all of the time!
Willie, there will definitely be more photos, as soon as I've made it presentable for the MER 2021 op session - hopefully within the next 2 months. I just have this 'thing' about wanting peoples' first impressions of my layout to be the best possible!
.Ken - I have had more than my share of incompetent staff in medical offices over the years, detracting from an otherwise good relationship with a doctor.
I've been lucky in regard to that, most of my PC doc's staff have gotten to know me over these past 28 years and are always very friendly and helpful. As for the clowns I had to deal with over the phone on Monday, I suspect they aren't even employees of the Johns Hopkins Medicine system, but part of a contracted answering service. If I go to the eye clinic in person, I just hand them my insurance card and sit in the waiting area - and they hand it back to me 5-10 minutes later, probably after calling the phone number on the card to verify my coverage. These people on the phones, they just have a simple script to follow - and can't handle something slightly out-of-the-ordinary like a number read aloud from a Cigna card issued by a subsidiary that manages their large group plans.
. . .
curtains, drapes, landscape cloth or whatever you call them for hiding the underside of the layout are great. I use stage skirting with Velcro to connect obit to the layout. It totally changed the look of the room. If you need encouragement to do it try even a piece of cardboard to hide a section should do it. Whether you have a mess or not underneath, IMO, do it. It really finishes off the room. Enjoy your day.
No need to convince me about that Tom! I've been wanting to do this for years, just didn't realize it was this easy. The planned op session for the MER guys is what spurred me to finally confront the task and tackle it!

Good afternoon. Went and brought Ginger back home. It was hard but she is back, sitting next to her buddy Hank.
View attachment 128247
. . .

Ken - I can understand the rant. Some idiots can't seem to digest EVIDENCE right in front of them.
Chet - I know that had to be painful putting her in the ground, but now after the final closure, maybe things can gradually get back to normal for you [i.e., possibly another dachshund to be rescued?].
As for the "idiots", I suspect that they are contractors who get evaluated on how many calls they can conclude per hour (also see my reply to Willie on that topic above), and having to actually call an insurance company would slow them down...:rolleyes:

Well, I never quite made it to the eye clinic today: What was normally supposed to be a six-hour day for me, turned into a 9-hour day because the central IT department was doing a dry-run test of an upgrade of the corporate database - and they needed my reporting software [~70 modules] to be fully recompiled and connected to the new database before COB so the users could do all their testing on Wednesday. This fact hadn't registered in my brain when they first sent the announcement email 2 weeks ago. [Truth be told, I didn't really feel like driving to that eye clinic anyway!] Luckily this sort of situation only arises for me every 3- to 4 years, whereas I think Patrick has to deal with it a lot more frequently.

No new trainroom progress to report...but maybe tomorrow?

Last edited:
Hello Shop Dwellers! It's 68*F and calm under clear skies here at my central MD home.

THANKS for all the "likes", comments, and sympathy frowns in response to my previous two postings: Phil, Gary, Hughie, GT, Tom-O, Steve, Karl, Patrick, Tom (Cambria), Ray, Garry, Sherrell, Guy, Joe, Chet, Willie

Terry
- Wow! I was hoping that Murphy's Monday attack on me would divert him away from you...but no such luck. The bastard obviously has the gift of bi-location!

Steve - sorry to hear of your daughters' dreadful eye affliction! Don't worry about sharing stuff like that, that's one of the things we do here in the Coffee Shop thread. As a result of reading your post, I wrote-up a prayer index card* for your daughters and you. [* Index cards are the only way I can remember exactly who to pray for, and what to pray about!]

Willie, there will definitely be more photos, as soon as I've made it presentable for the MER 2021 op session - hopefully within the next 2 months. I just have this 'thing' about wanting peoples' first impressions of my layout to be the best possible!

I've been lucky in regard to that, most of my PC doc's staff have gotten to know me over these past 28 years and are always very friendly and helpful. As for the clowns I had to deal with over the phone on Monday, I suspect they aren't even employees of the Johns Hopkins Medicine system, but part of a contracted answering service. If I go to the eye clinic in person, I just hand them my insurance card and sit in the waiting area - and they hand it back to me 5-10 minutes later, probably after calling the phone number on the card to verify my coverage. These people on the phones, they just have a simple script to follow - and can't handle something slightly out-of-the-ordinary like a number read aloud from a Cigna card issued by a subsidiary that manages their large group plans.

No need to convince me about that Tom! I've been wanting to do this for years, just didn't realize it was this easy. The planned op session for the MER guys is what spurred me to finally confront the task and tackle it!

Chet - I know that had to be painful putting her in the ground, but now after the final closure, maybe things can gradually get back to normal for you [i.e., possibly another dachshund to be rescued?].
As for the "idiots", I suspect that they are contractors who get evaluated on how many calls they can conclude per hour (also see my reply to Willie on that topic above), and having to actually call an insurance company would slow them down...:rolleyes:

Well, I never quite made it to the eye clinic today: What was normally supposed to be a six-hour day for me, turned into a 9-hour day because the central IT department was doing a dry-run test of an upgrade of the corporate database - and they needed my reporting software [~70 modules] to be fully recompiled and connected to the new database before COB so the users could do all their testing on Wednesday. This fact hadn't registered in my brain when they first sent the announcement email 2 weeks ago. [Truth be told, I didn't really feel like driving to that eye clinic anyway!] Luckily this sort of situation only arises for me every 3- to 4 years, whereas I think Patrick has to deal with it a lot more frequently.

No new trainroom progress to report...but maybe tomorrow?
Ken- I like your idea of the prayer cards. Might need to incorporate that in my life. With my STM issues, that might help me remember who & why to pray about.

Good Morning Everyone. Mostly cloudy and 64° currently. Rain has moved east and southeast and the NWS has removed it from today's forecast. Hughie is probably getting slammed right now down in the Houston area. We haven't gotten as much as predicted, about 2.65" so far, but it's in the forecast (right now) for the next four days.

Over easy eggs and a big pile of sausage patties for me this morning Flo. Add a toasted English Muffin and a tall OJ to complete the breakfast.

Thanks as always for the reactions, likes and comments regarding my layout progress; Sherrel, Rick, Steve, Garry, Patrick, Tom O, Joe, Karl, Hughie, Gary, Phil, Chet, Guy, Tom, Ken.

I went out to the train shed yesterday and was immediately taken in by a phone call from an old friend that lasted 45 minutes! But I still had time to finish up with most of the details on the Savings & Loan. I added the elevator mechanism and roof stairwell access along with the wall trim.
IMG_6356.JPG

Prior to that I worked on the fire escapes...ooops! This is the instructions.
IMG_6351.JPG

It clearly shows that the ladders between the landings are angled. But!
IMG_6352.JPG

IMG_6353.JPG

In order to be angled, they need to be a scale 13' long. As it is, they barely fit in the vertical position, which is how I placed them.
IMG_6357.JPG

Rather than leaving the bottom unsupported, I fashioned a small wall brace.
IMG_6358.JPG

Then I added the sidewalks on two sides only.
IMG_6359.JPG

Some more minor detailing is next and of course I need to address that smudge on the back side.

Phil - Any update on Curt's Mom? It's been a while.
Tom - What's in those fields on either side of you? It looks like wheat or oats on the RH side.
Steve - Golf? If I could have traded my golf score for my bowling score, I might have continued to play both sports!
Joe - The deer in my neighborhood pretty much steer clear of my garden, I scatter blood meal around the plants. It works against rabbits and I have always read that it works against deer. Deer and rabbits are vegetarian and the smell of blood repulses them. I don't know if it is the blood meal that keeps the deer away, or the fact that there are plentiful grain fields all around me. Blood Meal is also a good source of nitrogen for the soil, but it needs re-application after particularly heavy rains.
Military planes. That traffic overhead stopped here when they ceased active operations at Carswell AFB in the late 90's. We saw lot of traffic between there and Shepard AFB in Wichita Falls (I was told that's what it was), all of it low flying. It was all bombers, tankers and Huey's; the fancy jets flew much higher or took a more direct route.
The lawsuit that I mentioned yesterday isn't even about money. It's all political in my observation. The 52 wind turbines are already built and in place. If they are removed, the losers are the landowners who have a lease with the generating company. They only get paid if the windmills are operating. It is a carefully written contract that protects the company. Insurance will pay most removal costs. That will pit neighbor against neighbor for sure. The appeal will most likely be dismissed as well.
Chet - Always wondered how the beer was sealed into cans!
Ken - Neat idea about the index cards.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe. I'm retiring one of my two masks today, funeral pyre at noon.

Good Morning (kicking the door open) My days/nights are reversing again it appears!
FLO - coffee - a large one with a doughnut, please!
I see that we are still entrenched with the May Grey which will transcend into June Gloom in a couple more weeks. I am currently running at a minus $95 electric bill for the past 10.5 months both due to the cloudy days we have had plus my generous use of an electric heater to try and save on natural gas bills. I have until the mid of July to try and make up the difference Supposed to reach 76F/ 24C for a high today and hang right around 70F/21C over the next week. Not to worry folks - it will reach swimming pool hot soon enough!

IBKEN - That index card is a superb idea! Thank You for the suggestion. I better get "extra large" cards for this bunch - we aren't getting any younger, but thankfully we are still here!

MilwRRSteve, I am so saddened to hear of your daughters' illness - I could not sleep last night thinking about what stress that you, and they, have! My heart goes out to you. Every time that we seem to make some headway in the medical field - then something such as this slaps us into the realization that there is so much about the body that we still do not understand. My best friend with the airline had this condition prior to his passing from "C" at age 82. He was totally blind the last three years!

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe. I'm retiring one of my two masks today, funeral pyre at noon.
WILLIE - Your posts always keep me entertained! I ditched mine a few days back, but grocery stores here are still requiring them ... King Grusome hasn't spoken yet!

Speaking of CHET"S beer cans - I really would like to see that operation!
I have never been able to understand how that a can is sealed to the top without the contents exploding everywhere?
On another note: Why do they have Interstate Highways in Hawaii?

So many questions - so little time!

Greetings all, and thank you for the kind words, prayers, and thoughts. As a Lutheran pastor - prayer is important to me.

Yes, so much about the body we do not understand, but so much about the body that is so resilient. I see my girls making accomodations and doing well. Working, living, loving, experiencing joy.

Got to run quick, so no long posts.

RR - the new foam went down well. Took some spackling I had on hand and filled in all gaps in the morning. Then had time to paint before my VFW post meeting. So now caught back up to where I was Sunday. Next step is to layout and cut the hole for the tunrtable. Cutting holes seems so FINAL!! For an analyzer, the thought of cutting the first big, layout defining, get-it-wrong-and-you're-beyond-hosed, hole is, well as you can see, almost paralyzing. But even if I get it wrong, I got one big eraser (sawzall), and can try again. But that would be a big setback.

Wifeykins gently reminded me of another summer project. My other hobby is making chainmaille jewelry. Here is an example of a piece my wife wears:

20181020_142523.jpg

She has a nurse who works for her who is into motorcycles. She changed out her cam chains herself and asked to have a bracelet made to incorporate the chains. I had better make some progress there.

Well - to the office - will checkin this afternoon.

Again, thanks for the support. Very much appreciated. ----Steve

Goood Morning!

It rained all day yesterday and most of the night. At least it wasn't snow, because at 33°F it's cold enough to have been snow. Not supposed to warm up much today, either. - On the bright side, we will be getting more seasonal starting tomorrow, and it will be a joy to watch how quickly the land greens up. The approaching long weekend will be warm.

Chet - Interesting bar scene photos. I suppose they have to sell a-lot of beer to pay for that many taps. - Me, being an abstainer; I wouldn't even walk into the place.

Willie - I like the job you are doing on the 'skyscraper'! It would be called that in small town Alberta. Three-story buildings are usually the max in small town Alberta, and that usually means the hotel on Main Street.

I'm not sure what I'll do today. Not sure if I feel like modeling or not. Might work on the layout room reno. - Don't feel much like going anywhere in the cold, dark, cloudy day. Just waiting for the sun to turn itself on.

I suppose I'll drop a few re-run photos of local railroad stuff, just incase someone never seen them and might be interested.

The first set is of the transloader set-up located in the local CN staging yard. This portable machine is used to offload hydrochloric acid off of tankcars and into tank trucks. The acid is then transported for use in remote petrochemical installations:
Transloader_09-07-2020 (1).jpg

Transloader_09-07-2020 (7).jpg

CN StageYard_04-07-2021 (4).jpg

The tankcars are jostled around using this Track-mobile:
TrackMobile_09-07-2020 (9).jpg

Here's some re-run photos of Sperry operations in our local area. I just think they are interesting photos with regards to the railway:
Sperry_08-11-2020 (1).jpg

SperryShell_01-21-2021 (3).jpg

This has just been a conglomeration of re-run photos incase someone is interested. I know some newer members have been coming into the shop recently, and might like photos as much as the rest of us.

Thanks again for the likes on my posts. Hope you all have a great day!
See ya on another one!

Good morning, everybody .....

Greetings all, and thank you for the kind words, prayers, and thoughts. As a Lutheran pastor - prayer is important to me.

Steve .... Somehow, I missed seeing your paragraph about your daughters' vision. So, I just now went back and read it. I'm saddened to hear about it. I will be praying for your daughters. .... By the way, the pastor who married my wife and I has been a model railroader for many years. He models Milwaukee Road.

Willie ..... Your building project is interesting to me because I worked on those kits. My fire escapes are not easy to see because they are in the back of the buildings over a narrow ally. I have used the extra detail parts on other buildings and other places on the layout. For example, the mailboxes are in numerous locations.

Joe ... The photo of the Conrail locomotive with the airplane in the backgorund is remarkable.

Everybody ....... Have a good day.

Morning all,

In late as I had just gotten to the office when the local daughter called and said they needed help with their oldest dog passing overnight. So I went and helped them get the 110# dog out of his crate and into a large box and hauled to a burial site my SIL's family has. The SIL is off today taking a field trip at school with the grandson and they'll be digging the hole and burying him later. He was 11 years old and allergic to everything and had problems the past couple of months. They had him scheduled to be put down Friday, but he didn't make it.

Then I get back to the office and have a power outage that takes some systems offline as our internet was rebooted. Been a busy morning.

Good morning from the wetness of So. Central Wisconsin. The rains started around noon on Tuesday and continued non stop till about 9 this morning. No gully washers but steadiness falling to fill the rain gauges to 1.4”. This is the way rain should be, steady. No one needs 1, 2 or more inches in an hour or more in 24 hours. I have 3 working weather stations around the property and this is the 1st time all 3 gauges are the same since we moved here in 2014.

The prayer index card. What a simple, great and easy idea. There are a lot here that get and need the prayers. Prayer has never hurt anyone.

drapes, curtains, stage skirting. Ken, I should have worded that better yesterday. I knew you were already in the process, it should have been worded more toward those who are on the fence about covering under the layout.

Steve, see I told you we are a caring bunch. Sometimes it helps to let it out. Anytime please...

Willie, you are an inspiration to model railroaders. You continue to dig away at what you enjoy. I get into ruts and modeling funks, frustrations and walk away for a bit.

face masks, our mask mandate in the county ends this Monday. But some of the merchants are thinking they will keep the masks in stores to protect their employees. One of the local major grocery chains they will stay until July 1 for them. He said corporate says another month will give added comfort to the front line employees so it won’t hurt to stay another month. When asked what will they do about folks refusing the mask, “security will give them a mask or escort them out.” He also says they have quite a few teens who had been unable to get the shots. Those will get store provide vaccine shots starting next week.

our contractor, asked yesterday if we have any planned projects for the balance of the year. Told him nothing in Wisconsin. He then asked if we could work a deal on our unsold lots in our subdivision. He wants to build 5 spec homes as that is about the material he has stocked in the warehouse. He and my land speculator, Terry, will definitely work something out.

Have a safe fun day
TomO

the EOTD rack in front of the wood chipper building on the Paper Mill campus
A21B7690-A14D-4467-8726-E626657B5D52.jpeg

Good morning. A nice sunny start to the day and we are supposed to get into the 60's but the forecast after that is for some snow. Looks like Willie may need a boat.

Ken in Maryland
- Ginger didn't go in the ground. Brought her home yesterday and she's sitting next to her good friend Hank.

thumbnail_20210519_072805.jpg These guys were far more than pets, they were dear family members.

Willie - Outstanding work in the fire escapes. Small details like that make such a difference.

McLeod
- The bar isn't the only thing going for that place. Their food is nothing but outstanding. I have friends who also don't drink but their menu is well worth the visit.

Greg
- It is an interesting tap area. There are also taps on the other side and on the ends. It is a major job keeping the area clean but the people working there take pride and it is spotless. They were open during the so called pandemic although the seating was limited.

I also was very curious how they could can beer at the bar. I have seen it done at breweries, but not in a bar. Found out that the Grazing Cloud is one of their most popular brews.

I am going to cut is short and like Ken mentioned, I am looking for another dachshund to be a companion for Molly. She really misses Ginger also. Nothing local so I have been looking all over the country.

Later

Wifeykins gently reminded me of another summer project. My other hobby is making chainmaille jewelry. Here is an example of a piece my wife wears:

RRSteve
That is very beautiful work.... May I inquire as to the material used and the cost? I would dearly love one of those for my Spousal Unit! If you are interested, please PM me here, or on FB!

OAN: Darned ASUS laptop will not connect to the internet this morning - off to the Geeks!
It needs a tune-up, so all is not lost. It has been 20 months and they said I should do it once a year minimum. Three computers - $99.00 a year (2 M/S, 1 Apple) - might as well make use of the service.

CHET - This was my last Doxie, SADIE, the runt of the litter at about 10 years. She was going downhill pretty fast at 17 and died after wandering outside in Laughlin from a heat stroke; she could not remember where the doggie door was to come back inside. I was gone, but should have been more aware; She would become "lost" standing in a corner of a room.
All three of my Doxies were buried by myself at one of their favorite haunts!
Sadie 01.jpg

Good afternoon.
It’s sunny and 79.
Our pooch is 16, and is exhibiting many symptoms of dementia, such as staring at a wall for half an hour, or barking madly at nothing. She also forgets she needs to go out to use the bathroom, and has forgotten how to go up and down her doggie steps onto the couch and bed.

In other news, I really wish the companies we do business with would stop taking it upon themselves to enroll us in paperless billing. Usually I start wondering why we haven’t gotten a power,water, or credit card bill, and check online to find out 1- we’ve become enrolled in paperless billing and didn’t know it, and 2-we now owe a late fee because we didn’t pay a bill we never got. Usually I’ll find the emailed bill in a spam folder somewhere. I then have to call, ask who decided to stop sending us bills, and demand they send them again. Of course, we still owe the late fees, because the companies won’t admit they did anything shady.
Charter is the latest, with our internet bill quietly going paperless—for the third time in two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back