Running Bear’s May 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter that you don’t have a pre-nup when you are worth 127 billion? Split it in 1/2 and you are still rich.
If he had the stock prior to marriage , he may get to keep it.

You should stop by the Twin Peaks in Waco , you might get to see a real live Texas shoot out....Don't forget to claim self defense that way they'll give you your guns back.

Finished my last Pfizer Covid shot this morning, Prolly going to have to turn the AC on today, its getting humid enough.

I received the 2 crossing gate boards I had repaired from Logic Rail weeks ago and today because it's raining I decided to reinstall them. The trouble is I had my second Covid shot yesterday and I feel so bad I'll have to try again another day.
George

Last edited:
I received the 2 crossing gate 2 boards I had repaired from Logic Rail weeks ago and today because it's raining I decided to reinstall them. The trouble is I had my second Covid shot yesterday and I feel so bad I'll have to try again another day.
George
I don't feel like doin jack either. The first time it took about 4 days to recover fully ( it never got bad , just felt tired ) . The only problem is this time I don't feel like sleeping either...thats what sucks.

Midtown Capitol Mall on the 5700 block of West Capital Drive. I can’t picture it but... The local community activist says young people need an outlet to have fun and that parking lot is their gathering place. 2 in the hospital with gun shot wounds. Not my idea of fun.

The Midtown Mall was once known as Capital Court opening in 1958 was one of the first major malls in the US. Capital Court was razed to make way for a Midtown Mall more of strip, urban type mall that's on the edge of the "Hood". Before Capital Court closed, it had armed security who were for the most part Milwaukee Police Officers moonlighting.

1620248047740.png

Greg

Good afternoon.

Willie, thanks for the advice on the Zoo. When I checked Google Earth yesterday I noticed the exits weren’t too far apart from where we stop and switch in Oklahoma and where that zoo exit is. No idea why, but the smaller Zoos have always been a better opinion when we used to haul the kids around. Large Zoos though in Minneapolis, Columbus, Ohio, Brookfield outside of Chicago, the San Diego Zoo and the one in Centeal Pak in New York are wonderful. We just feel more comfortable in a Zoo like the Frank Buck.

Those trees look good. While I have used JTT trees, purchased at the Hobby Lobby using the then available 40% off coupon, I have none on the layout. I built a 2’x6’ module for a buddy. He built the frame, foam base, laid the cork and the track and I did the scenery. Over 300 trees all of which were JTT per his request. On maybe 60 foreground trees I sprinkled a bit more leaf material I get from Scenic Express and dipped some of the trunks in paraffin melted wax to give the trunks more depth.

my comment about splitting the billions. I know from the many divorces at work and my brother that with no pre-nuptial agreements are ok. Prove you had stocks and their value before the marriage and you should be fine. I had a few wealthy friends and 1 very wealthy brother that went through hell proving that. But if you are truly worth 120-140 billion depending on the news media you read, does it matter if you just split it. How much do people in their 60’s really need. I can’t fathom a billion $ let alone 120+

TwinnPeaks in Waco, sorry no motorcycle for me therefore they won’t let me in. What a nasty event that was.
GeeTee, We do stop in Waco, there are 2 excellent bakeries there. One is the White House looking building just off the exit on I35W and the other was more towards downtown. As soon as I click post reply the names will come to me. Waco, when we did the overnight tour stop was not impressive. Just seemed 4-5 years ago run down. Actually we both enjoyed visiting Temple more. Keep the arm moving that received the Pfizer shot in, neither the wife or I had trouble with either jab. Very happy it is done for us. Good luck.

TomO
FAB4FAEB-7189-4BC1-A5F8-C0A09FE229B8.jpeg

The Midtown Mall was once known as Capital Court opening in 1958 was one of the first major malls in the US. Capital Court was razed to make way for a Midtown Mall more of strip, urban type mall that's on the edge of the "Hood". Before Capital Court closed, it had armed security who were for the most part Milwaukee Police Officers moonlighting.

View attachment 127782

Greg

Thanks Greg. I knew you would know about this mall. So much history out there that when things like the shootings in the parking lot happen make you think what it really was like.

TomO

He started Microsoft in '75 and didn't get married till ~17 years later. Most of the stock was probably acquired prior , so she wouldn't be entitled to any of it.
As a woman I seriously believe that if you are married for two minutes you do not deserve more than 2 mins of the goodies, if they were there at the start and she supported him as he set up and they have kids especially before they finish education then better,but too many women get married for a free ride and it blows my brains,I totally get pre nuptuals.

Howdy, everybody .

I was at a dental appointment today. It is the final appointment for getting implants on one side of my mouth. I'm happy with them already, and will be glad to et with both sides of my mouth again.

Willie ........ Your nearby zoo looks worthwhile. .... We have the Nature Center in Land Between the Lakes . It is only a short distance from us. The animals there are all native to this area. They have a pair of red wolfs which is rare. They have various owls and other birds including bald eagles. They have a copper head snake and other snakes. .... In another area of the Land Between the Lakes is the Bison and Elk Range where you can drive on a loop road to see the animals. .... I like your layout photos today.

Sherrel .... I like the Frisco photos.

For those who are interested, I posted a series of photos showing my coal train operations in the MAY 2021 monthly photo thread.

Here is one picture of the coal train as it departs from the mines.

51159536667_36c81a9172_k.jpg

Mike

Midtown Capitol Mall on the 5700 block of West Capital Drive. I can’t picture it but... The local community activist says young people need an outlet to have fun and that parking lot is their gathering place. 2 in the hospital with gun shot wounds. Not my idea of fun.

The Vilas Zoo is free and great for grandparents bring the g/kids along. Sort of like what you have in Marshfield. At lunch sometimes I would go to Hardee’s and then park by one of the ponds. To get out you had to drive around the elk, the deer and the American Bison yards if I parked in the west pond area. Always neat to see a bison almost as big as the car and probably heavier Looking at you through the fences.

TomO
Tom- Wildwood Zoo is less than a block from my home.
Good morning from Wisconsin. Such a difference from the damp and gloom of yesterday. Today the eyes are hurting from the bright sun and I am inside still. We may hit 60f degrees.

thank you all for the great compliments on the creek scene, I appreciate it

Today is my official exercise free day. I do 3 on, off on Wednesday and then 3 again. Each Monday the exercise routine is changed.

I put some pictures on my grain complex build thread as that again is what I am working on the layout. I also have started cleaning track. I have been running Power on Board, or batteries if you prefer. When I tried the DCC system it was very clear the track needed cleaning. Along with the conveyor towers over the grain bins that’s what is happening on the layout.

Troy, I hope you get some responses. Last year on our way back from the usual April/May trip back from Austin we were planning on the battlefields in Mississippi and Tennesse. Covid cancelled that and this year’s April/May trip. We were planning for this year to be DC and Gettysburg but again because of Covid, Terry stayed on Maui. Great looking troops you have assembled.

JazA and Guy, I never I understood poachers of live animals. If a Snow Owl or anything else is illegal somewhere and you have one there you are bound to be caught. Thanks for sharing the owls pictures JazA.

guy, you are stuck man. Install the unneeded door and let her be happy. Your happiness is not needed. I believe there is a unwritten rule about that!

Enjoy your day
TomO

View attachment 127761
TomO- HWHL?

Good evening Shop Dwellers! 57*F under a clear sky, and windy (NW 13 mph) in my central MD neighborhood.

Thanks for the likes and other positive vibes on my brief post two days ago.

Grrrrrr
Cant get on the forum on the puker, some jibberish about security certificates out of date, but my android phone goes right in
Karl your not alone, I also tried to get on at ~9:30pm and got that same obnoxious message. I rarely ever do any internet stuff on my smartphone because it's just too dang constricted for these old eyes, so that option didn't occur to me. I also contacted Sherrell just as Guy-from-the North did.

Tom-O, when I looked at your photo of the drainage ditch, it took a few seconds for me to notice that the "lake" in the foreground is actually the fascia....nice job! 👍 I used to like shooting train-less "mood" photos on my previous layout, of nature scenes made possible by having a surface of 2" thick extruded foam on a plywood base. Unfortunately because of how my current trackwork is arranged - and now sitting directly on painted plywood - I can no longer create scenes like that...

Guy - Your boat looks like its made of some kind of high-quality wood that's been freshly varnished. Would have definitely fooled me if I didn't already know its origins!

Willie - we've had black bears like the one in your top photo occasionally wander into our neighborhood, my wife actually saw a cub raiding somebody's trashcan one morning as she was driving to work! Of course we're within a mile of the Patapsco State Park, so I guess we shouldn't be too surprised.

Sherrell - great photos of the Frisco geeps! I've always loved the spark arrestors that they use, they even showed up on some C&O geeps if I remember correctly...

...and I've seen several more comment-worthy pics on here over these past few days, but I've simply run out of time!

I managed to put in 30 minutes yesterday and 45 minutes today on the trainroom de-cluttering project, and the aisles are starting to reach a point where the floor is actually visible! Yesterday (with a bit of help from MHO) I moved a large tote-tub full of stuff from a previous de-cluttering that was taking up most of the space underneath the 'blob'. As soon as I got it into the spare bedroom-turned-warehouse, I popped the lid to see what exactly was in there...and among the junk, I found this:

The_GP9_ThatIgnitedAnOldPassion.jpg

To the untrained eye it looks like a random, tired Front Range GP9 that has seen better days. But to me it's more than that: It is the very first hobby-related purchase I made when I decided to return to model railroading back in February 1988 after a 15-year hiatus! I need to find a place of honor for it so I don't misplace it again; trouble is, I don't have any open wall space that can accommodate a train shelf...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back