Running Bear’s May 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Windoze users, there is a free program called Winaero Tweaker. Among other things, it lets you block Windoze updates indefinitely. You will have to manually update the Defender app, but other than that, you can keep riding your current version until the cows come home.

Willie - Gidget one of my Italian Greyhounds who was able to catch the rabbit in the photo you posted. To bad she's not with us anymore.

Gidget_a.JPG

There was an "incident" at the nursing hiome a couple of days ago. I had brought my wife's tablet to her, so she can watch Netflix, and keep up with her mail. Naturally, she dropped and broke it. I then took mine to her, so she can use it. It has another 1.5 years of Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance on it, so if she drops and breaks it, she gets a free new one. I thought I'd be able to get a used replacement locally. Yeah, right. People are wanting more for used ones than full retail cost for new. With that in mind, I went to our local electronics emporium earlier to see what they had in stock. I was trying to find one comparable to the one I had, but they are extremely expensive. I had to save up to get the one I had, which is why I have damage insurance on it.
Anyway, I was looking at the current offerings, and suffering from sticker shock, when I noticed a store employee restocking their "open box/returns" area. I wandered over to see what they had. Imagine my surprise when one of the items wa a brand-new high-end Macbook Pro. For less than the price of the tablet I was looking at getting. So, for a little over a thousand dollars off MSRP, I now have a high-end laptop. I kept watching behind me to see if Security was running out to grab me for theft, it was that cheap. I guess this makes up a little bit for some fo the financial stuff going on.
Of course, I still need a tablet...

Guy - Sorry to read that your country is so far behind on the vaccine.
That's what happens when you hire a kid to be king!

Good Afternoon!
Generally, it's an all around crappy day! It's rained some, ice-stormed some, and the wind has messed up my hair. I don't like those tiny ice balls that pepper spray me from the heavens above. They can't be called hail; more about the size and look of little lawn fertilizer balls.
Anyway, replacing my backdoor is put on hold until the weather smartens up. I suppose I'll just have to put up with the wife's whining until then.

I had a mind to prime my little boat today, but, every time I look at it I notice something else that needs to be done to it before the primer can go on.
Finally, right after I have my coffee, I can wash up the parts and let them air dry. Either tonight or tomorrow, I'll get the primer on.

I'm not going to bother you with more boat pictures, so here's a photo of an owl I took awhile back. I'm pretty sure he would be more interested in Willie's rabbit than he is in me:
Barred)wl_Feb2020 (4).JPG

And that's all I have for today. Have a good one!

Guy ..... That owl is hard to see at first glance.

Terry .... Your talking about foul tasting lumps turns my stomach. I hate to think how bad it was to actually experience it.

Chet .... Your series of layout photos are beautiful.

Tom O ...... I'll have to do bold like Sherrel did ....... I really like your big paper mill !

Last edited:
Evening fellers. Figured I'd stop by and check in. Recieved a new addition in the mail today. Still waiting on two more to show up that i have no idea where they are. Theres no tracking for them as they are coming from Canada. So playing the wait game. Anyways heres what i scored off ebay a few days ago.
20210501_184016.jpg

Atlas Classic GP7. Paid $75 for it.

Welp... the wife and her sis went to help MIL choose flowers for the season. They typically go do planting on Mothers Day weekend (next weekend.)

And then there's the mulching... that's usually about 40+ bags. Wife called around and found "the hardware" - because there is only one in town - will deliver 3 cu yards of it (the red stuff) for about the same as the four or five trips they make to Lowes in the next town over to get the bagged stuff. Wife for the WIN!

But, MIL says no mulch this year. Seems the county is forcing their little bump in the road "town" with one stop sign to hook up to the soon to be installed sewer system. And MIL's place gets not just sewer pipe run along the road and up to the house, but also one of the big over fill bins for the storm sewer they're also putting in.

Why mulch this year. The county is just going to destroy any landscaping she puts in or refreshes with all the earth moving, trenching, and what not.

Oh, and the Amish (there is a sizable population in the county) are fighting in court to be exempted from the mandatory sanitary sewer. The county keeps reminding them the ground water is at dangerous levels already, and their open pit outhouses are not helping the matter. Going to be an interesting fight. Never thought I'd witness someone other than a toddler fight over not pooping in a flush toilet. Especially in the winter in Northern Indiana....

On the hobby front, the latest issue of Model RRer arrived today, so I spent the afternoon on the patio reading it.

And, I'm now painting the blue and the grey. I have 36 of these sticks to paint. There almost N-scale. But just a tad too big. 12.5mm eye to foot. Warlord Games put out "epic Battles" sized forces. I've got 1300+ individual troopers to paint. Fortunately, they're ganged together 10 men shoulder to shoulder, so some of the details are obscured.

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.19.31 PM.png

Justin .... I believe you will be happy with your Atlas Classic GP7. I have two of them, and I am very pleased with them
Garry I do enjoy their performance. They lack the details of my P2Ks but they make up for it with their performance. I too have 2 of them as well. The other is a Chessie model. Both are super solid performers. Well worth the lack of detailing.

Good morning. It's clear and 46.

I solved my "need a tablet" dilemma last evening. Sort of.
I need a tablet for part of my job. It doesn't have to be fancy, but needs to be able to be easy to use, and have a good camera. Cell data is a plus, but not critical. So, I found a really nice used one on Book of Feces for a reasonable price, and picked it up. I'm not going to complain, the screen is the same size as the screen in the new laptop, and the tablet weighs more than the laptop when the keyboard is attached.
It does, however, have a good camera, and cellular data enabled, so I can transmit the photos to the company's email address.

IMG_2168.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back