Running Bear’s June 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy .

We had very stormy weather yesterday. Power was out from 6:00 pm until midnight, and it went out again from 1:00 am to 3 am. It rained more this morning. Now it is partly sunny and windy.

I see a lot of interesting comments and pictures posted by you. I'll be back later to look more carefully.

Cheers !

Afternoon all,

Hit with a major migraine yesterday afternoon. Was still under it this morning, but has finally eased up a bit. I hadn't had a really heavy one since before the kids were born, and now several in the past 6 months.

Anyway, thanks to all for the posts with your work and train pictures.

Karl: I'm getting the same way. If it weren't for advice, I could't function. The older I get the better I was.

Afternoon all,

Hit with a major migraine yesterday afternoon. Was still under it this morning, but has finally eased up a bit. I hadn't had a really heavy one since before the kids were born, and now several in the past 6 months.

Anyway, thanks to all for the posts with your work and train pictures.

Karl: I'm getting the same way. If it weren't for advice, I could't function. The older I get the better I was.
Several out of no where makes me inclined to say swallow the pill see the doctor,these can be warning signs,and sooner you find out the better,do not want to worry you and will be glad to be shot down in f,Ames and told it is just a standard migraine, codine and paracetamol are my other halves go to but you must not use codine for more than a day or two as the addiction properties are nasty,8s are low 15 cut the mustard 30s are a good strength and cut his migraines at supper speed but prescription only,and you need to get them regularly enough as if you leave it too long they make you go through hoops to get more,then you should not over use them fine balancing act,
but I would get it checked better safe than sorry,lights,poor lighting,strong lighting,working night shifts,long hours,lack of sleep, stress, worry, lack of water,living near high energy electricity,can be triggers to mention but a few, hope it turns around.

Patrick, with my migraines, they finally figured out spikes in blood pressure were exacerbating the situation, causing them to be more severe and more frequent. I don't know if yours may be the same, but it may be worth suggesting when you go for your physical.

Good Evening all! A cloudy rainy day. I ran out this morning to mow. Forecasted rains for the next 7 days. No sooner had I got the mower out, it starts to rain. I just now came in from mowing after supper. Ruts everywhere.
So most of the day was spent in the train room, however mostly no trains. I thought I'd try my hand at a painting.
Caboose 5-29-21.jpg

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good Evening all! A cloudy rainy day. I ran out this morning to mow. Forecasted rains for the next 7 days. No sooner had I got the mower out, it starts to rain. I just now came in from mowing after supper. Ruts everywhere.
So most of the day was spent in the train room, however mostly no trains. I thought I'd try my hand at a painting.
View attachment 128771

STAY SAFE
LATER
Hughie - That beautiful artist rendering reminds me of a photo I took just the other day in Edson.
CN EdsonPkCaboose_05-31-2021.jpg

Weird coincidence, I suppose.

Good evening gang!

Bud report. Our boy is improving. Not only has he been eating everything we put in front of him, he got up and walked into the living room this morning without any coaxing, and stepped lively this morning when it came to go out for his morning potty break. This afternoon, he was seen trotting across the back yard for a short bit. His demeaner has gone from sullen to quite alert. Yes, he's still a bag of bones, but he's well on his way. He goes for a follow up visit with the vet on Wednesday, I believe the vet staff will be shocked. 2 weeks ago the vet gave him slim odds of making it through the weekend. Hallelujah! He beat the odds!

Hughie, Good show! You're a regular Bob Ross I tell you!

Guy, that river looks like a great place to pass the time drowning worms.

This weekend will be focusing on gardening, cleaning gutters and the Grandsons 4 wheeler. Maybe trains on Sunday, maybe.

L8ter gang!!

Ken, I wanted to, but that idea was nixed by the others in the family. Bud was the name hid foster mom had given him, and it stuck. When we got Bailey I wanted to name her Kelly (Married with children reference) but also got shot down.
His pic was one Sharon took in the back yard and submitted.
Ahhhh yes, the ever-present Loyal Opposition....but hey, you can still call him Budd around here, we won't tell! 😃

I am most anxious for shows and markets as I have only one caboose (Burlington green), but they always seem so pricey. But I have convinced myself to stop buying locos/rolling stock until significant work complete on the layout. I'm still in the infancy stage of this hobby.

I would be glad to lay eyes upon one another and glean wisdom from your experience! At any rate, I hope to be a useful contributor here upon the forum. ------Steve

I can help point you to shows and such. If I remember reading correctly, you said you're in New Hope? You just missed the North Metro club's first flea market since Covid-19 became a household worry. Good deals to be had there every time I shop. I'll try to remember to share our next flea market date with you.

Otherwise, I know you said you have been to Becker's. Bill runs a good shop. Also go check out Scale Model Supply, 458 Lexington Parkway, St. Paul. Their prices can be steep on new product, but the back room usually has good bargains on decent rolling stock, and they have all the scenery supplies and tools I can think of.

If you'd be interested in visiting North Metro club, or Hennepin Overland club (in Minneapolis) on a whim, let me know and I'd be happy to host you.

As far as wisdom and experience... I can fine tune cars and locos, but I'm not very knowledgible on layout stuff yet.

Good evening everybody ...

Hughie ... I like the painting of the caboose.

Guy ... Nice shot of the CN caboose.

Justin.... Speaking of cabooses, your C&O cabooses look good.

Ken ... You are doing well with installing curtains under the layout. I suppose the shape of the layout is an “E”. . That could mean “East” which fits your eastern model railroad .

Dakota... I like the MILW F units.

I spent the evening running trains . The 2-10-2 is still hauling its freight train.

76F1EDD4-9917-4CD8-827C-9C1A294259CD.jpeg

Everybody: Have a good night.

Last edited:
Morning all,

At work this morning where it's clear and 63°.

Tons of fun going on this weekend. I have a bathroom to finish and 2 doors to get installed in the kids homes. I'll have to see if there's enough daylight to get these accomplished.

And in re-reading my post yesterday, I mean Advil not advice. I was on my cell, damn auto correct.

OWED TO THE SPELL CHEQUER

I have a spelling chequer--

It came with my PC.

It plane lee marks four my revue

Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,

Your sure reel glad to no,

It's vary polished in it's weigh,

My chequer tolled me sew.

A chequer is a bless sing,

It freeze yew lodes of thyme.

It helps me right awl stiles two reed,

And aides me when aye rime.

To rite with care is quite a feet,

Of witch won should be proud.

And wee mussed dew the best wee can,

Sew flaws are knot aloud.

And now bee cause my spelling

Is checked with such grate flare,

Their are know faults with in my cite,

Of none eye am a wear.

Each frays come posed up on my screen,

Eye trussed to be a joule

The chequer poured o're every word

To cheque some spelling rule.

That's why aye brake in two averse

By righting wants too pleas,

Sow now ewe sea why aye dew prays

Such soft wear for pea seas!​

Good Morning All. Clear and 64°, a second day without rain! According to the NWS, we're going to start to get more seasonal weather in the next ten days with temperatures getting into the 80's. Still have rain in the forecast most days, but it seems like it will be scattered about instead of the gully-washers that we've been having.
Yesterday didn't go as planned but not in a bad way. Just after I posted here, my daughter called and she was on her way up with my granddaughter to go to the zoo that me and my wife went to a few weeks ago. So the weekly grocery/beer trek didn't happen and we went back to the zoo with them instead. So that trip is now this morning, Fridays are always more crowded so there is a slight down side, but maybe there will be more eye candy.
After that, I picked what should be the last of the broccoli from the garden and another couple of pounds of green beans. That canning task is getting more daunting.
I'm still trying to get all of the water off the top of the pool cover, there is much more there than I thought. Meanwhile I was able to mow the north and west side of the yard, albeit with ruts and turning divots everywhere. That area isn't really a lawn so it won't really matter for now. But anything that reduces the further task is helpful.

Grits and sausage with some Southern cream gravy this morning Francine.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding yesterday's post; Guy, Karl, JazzDad, Steve, Joe, Chad, Rick, Sherrel, Patrick, Jaz, Ken, Hughie, Garry, Justin, Gary, Tom.

I absolutely did not get out to the train shed yesterday. I am already feeling withdrawal symptoms. But the visit with the granddaughter was worth far more. Just wish that I had brought the camera to get a picture of her feeding the giraffes.

Patrick -
Willie: No on the pool as highs in the mid-upper 60's and lows in the upper 40's are keeping it way too cool, although the grandkids are game. Like you we're 15-20° below normal for this time of year.
Yes the temperatures have actually been pleasant. I have only had to run the A/C's one day so far this year. It's usually at least ten days in May and full bore from June through September. I miss the pool though.
Sherrel -
I realize that I am not making much coherent talk at the moment.
Tell us something that we don't already know!!!
Guy - Nothing boring about rail bridge pictures except for seven hours! Yes, the boiling water to get rid of the ants must be done ahead of planting time, or on mounds at least 12" (30 cm to you metric users) away from flowers.
David - I have read of the instant grits method of getting rid of ants but never needed to try it. I am using recycled boiling water from blanching and canning vegetables. Thanks for reminding me though.

OK, A few more pictures from the San Antonio Aquarium.
IMG_6479.JPG
IMG_6480.JPG
IMG_6482.JPG
IMG_6483.JPG
IMG_6484.JPG
IMG_6486.JPG
IMG_6487.JPG

Everybody have a great day.

Morning RR Fans!
We are stuck (ok with me) with high 50's at night and 85 during most days. Still not a cloud in sight - any direction - and NO JUNE Gloom for the most part?

I have a HOA board meeting in a couple hours -- I sure hope that it will not last long ... otherwise I will simply just say that I have to go -- too much "extra" going on for the next few days.

GARRY - Very nice photo this morning, and GUY -- I liked the caboose as well!

Later folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back