Running Bear’s July 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning gang!
Nice new place here, smells of bacon and fresh paint!
Flo, can I get a meat lovers breakfast, eggs with bacon, sausage and scrapple??
Speaking of scrapple, anyone wanna try this??
Screenshot_20210606-120329_Facebook.jpg

BBL

Hello everyone !
I have absolutely no idea what I can write here other than this: Have a better day than ever!
Bonjour Raboliot. Welcome to the Coffee Shop. Flo doesn't usually brew the demi-tasse for a few more hours. Have some of Mel's "wake 'em up coffee" instead. Bacon here is great. Since it's already lunch time in France, get a BLT (Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato) sandwich. I get mine with cheese.

Good Morning All. Clear and 73° at the moment. Yes, Happy Canada Day. Today is the last day of temperatures in the lower 90's for a while, we supposedly will begin a week long period in the 80's. Still have rain in the forecast for most of that time, although the weather geeks missed on the last two dry days. We are having an extreme cool spell, while you northerners are in the midst of an extreme heat wave! Go figure. Maybe global warming doesn't affect red states!
Grocery/beer trek this morning. Don't need a whole lot this week, but I need a stop at the Vitamin Shop for fish oil and vitamin C. An added attraction is that I need to get my ears lowered before my wife gets home.

Thanks for the likes yesterday regarding the layout views; Steve, Sherrel, Chad, Rick, Joe, Hughie, Karl, Garry, Tom O, Guy, Ken, Justin, Tom.

I'm starved this morning Flo. I'll take the chicken fried steak basket with extra cream gravy. Diet A&W root beer to go along with it.

Just the usual activity out in the train shed yesterday. Working on ground cover again. Completed everything inside the fence including adding shrubbery around the house.
IMG_6759.JPG

I am not happy with the painted driveway, so I will cut a piece of .040" styrene and paint and glue it on top. Today I will paint and add a mailbox and sort through my stock of completed trees. Believe it or not, I actually have about a half dozen trees made for other places that didn't get used.
For Sherrel, here's a progress shot of the spurs leading to the cannery that he thought were "too neat".
IMG_6761.JPG

Meanwhile behind my in-laws house is going to be a small Plasticville model kit. I have started with the driveway.The kit itself is called Cape Cod House, and comes with a side porch which I need to locate and add to the other side for train watching. It also has awnings for each window, but they are not era or locale appropriate here. It's kind of a memorial to my Dad, since he had the O scale model of the same thing on his Lionel layout.
IMG_6760.JPG

Joe - That is a priceless picture of the Monarch pulling CNJ 1087 out of the harbor. I read a bit of history on the 1087, apparently after this incident it went on to serve Conrail at least into 1988.
Tom O - Too bad about the property management company. July 15 is pretty aggressive for straightening it out.
Hughie - 21 hours for an update! I have had to start over with a new install of Win10 three times now since I bought this new computer, twice by me and in between when I sent it in for warranty repairs...they replaced the hard drive. I keep a pretty good backup, but it is still a hassle. I need to write down passwords. This one is easy, it hasn't changed in 10 years, some places that I visit require a new one periodically.
Too bad on the AC. Hope that it is fixed on schedule. I have always used window units here. Since we really only use half the house now, three units are sufficient. I rotate which ones are on because it only takes two of them to keep the house comfortable, just one at night. And lately, it gets turned off by timer around 0100.
Karl - Did you notice that in the diesel listing that you posted yesterday, the seller shows that power supply is AC?

Everybody have a great day. Stay cool.

Morning all,

Did I mention I was on vacation? Didn't go anywhere, but have been busy. Helped the
daughter and her husband run insulation on both Friday and Saturday. Mowed on Sunday between the rains, and then entertained all 4 grandkids for a couple of days. Forgot about how busy a 2 year old can be. She kept grandpa hopping.
Daughter building the house then asked if they could use my brad nailer, so I had to run to the boy's house, cut and install the trim in the laundry room and clean everything up so I can let his sister have the nailer for an extended period.
We were going to make a short trip on the Kansas and Eastern Oklahoma portion of route 66. Never been on those sections, but the rainy period we've been experiencing has flood watches and warnings throughout the region, put that on hold, so no trip. I'm working through the weekend, so once again no real vacation...I don't think the wife is upset.

Oh by the way, coffee and the special this morning Flo.

Bonjour Raboliot. Welcome to the Coffee Shop. Flo doesn't usually brew the demi-tasse for a few more hours. Have some of Mel's "wake 'em up coffee" instead. Bacon here is great. Since it's already lunch time in France, get a BLT (Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato) sandwich. I get mine with cheese.
Sounds good, WILLIE, except make mine with no cheese but avocado instead and zilch on the cream in the demi-tasse - I like the strong flavor of "straight-up" coffee! I used to drive the serveur's crazy when I told them - No cream!
Raboliot, Welcome to the gang here in the Coffee Shop!

Morning everyone -- The gang came in around 9:30 PM from Disney Land. The spousal Unit said her Fitbit scored 8 miles and they were all wiped out! I have to try and replace the garbage disposer this morning - I finally got the courage to try it myself. Tried to get an appliance guy I liked, but he had changed to a new company - I had used him before and liked his work.

It's 61F/16C heading for 90F/26C under a mostly sunny sky. Today we start a new rain season closing out the last one with a paltry FIVE of THIRTEEN inches. I sure do hope for a better showing this new season!

Better get cracking! BBL

Welcome Raboliot!

On another warming run here in Minnesota. 88F today and 90s all weekend. Playing golf tomorrow, but too warm for the kilt, so boring old short breeches for the kid. The wife's company is taking all the leadership from all the centers for a 'cruise' on Lake Minnetonka this afternoon. Then I think she will go out with her leaders afterwards for another toddy or two. Which should mean lots of train time for this ol' boy ----- except I have an evening meeting from 6:30 - 7:30. I'll try to get home early afternoon and get some work done. I really want to power up the RH tracks.

QUestion: SHould I solder the rail joiners connecting the rails in the stalls of the Roundhouse to the tracks connecting to the turntable or leave them as is?

Many thanks! -------------------Steve

Raboliot, welcome to the diner and the Crew.

It is a beautiful morning in So. Central Wisconsin. I have been alternating between the north deck and the south deck. They are finishing a couple things on the South deck and will be done by noon. 74f degrees now heading to low 80’s with a slight breeze around 8mph and a spotless sky.

With the wife’s permission I wrote checks out to the daughter and SIL as going away awards as they are leaving the family business. I am really pissed but will get over it.

Willie, every apartment complex we put up for sale when it reaches 8 years old. 2 years ago we were getting out of property management totally. The daughter said to let her try it. We usually try to sell to our employees, the apartment managers who were running those properties, it’s been very successful. We become the bank and keep a portion for 5 years on a 10 year loan. All the properties are in college towns and until the year of Covid we’re profitable. Easy to sell, especially now. We did the same for Terry’s 3 greenhouses, she sold them in May to her manager.

Flo, I would like a oatmeal cinnamon raisin pancake, the chemical syrup, a palm sized slice of grilled ham and a large tomato juice. Thank you.

All the foam is down on the framework. I am waiting for my Central Valley tie strips. I heard they have been an issue to get and I can wait as I dislike using the flex track from ME. My LHS has both code 70 and 83 ME rail. The paper mill track is Code 70 but I may make the main line Code 83.

I pulled the bridges out to assemble my Lake DuBay Crossing. Hopefully I can come close to the real thing. A water view.
6B84BD34-D24D-4E1E-9574-D6F231BE7716.jpeg

Terry just told me the $49.99 monthly Spectrum internet and TV bill for 2 years guaranteed is $106. I guess I will be calling them in a few minutes. The 1st 3 months were free.

Have a great day
TomO

Welcome Raboliot!

On another warming run here in Minnesota. 88F today and 90s all weekend. Playing golf tomorrow, but too warm for the kilt, so boring old short breeches for the kid. The wife's company is taking all the leadership from all the centers for a 'cruise' on Lake Minnetonka this afternoon. Then I think she will go out with her leaders afterwards for another toddy or two. Which should mean lots of train time for this ol' boy ----- except I have an evening meeting from 6:30 - 7:30. I'll try to get home early afternoon and get some work done. I really want to power up the RH tracks.

QUestion: SHould I solder the rail joiners connecting the rails in the stalls of the Roundhouse to the tracks connecting to the turntable or leave them as is?

Many thanks! -------------------Steve

Steve, I am a believer in soldering. Many are not.

TomO

Good morning . Happy Canada Day.....

Here you can write almost anything other than politics or religion.

Terry .... Oh. I was about to say who to vote for after I tell where to attend church. :p

Everybody .... Thanks for the likes on my last post. ...... Willie, Joe, and others who commented: Thank You.

Remarkably 2021 is half over ! I sill have a long to do list. It won't quit. Glad to say our boat is now repaired.

Hello everyone !
I have absolutely no idea what I can write here other than this: Have a better day than ever!

Raboilot ... Welcome !.... Apparently, you are not in North America based on your clue.

Everyone: ...... Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back