Running Bear’s July 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, howdy there internet Model RR peeps,

It's Troy again...

Coffee, and a vaccine for anyone who wants one.

So, the spousal unit works for a medical lab company. Part of our insurance through them is a yearly wellness check and BMI measurement. No comment about my BMI. :p Lets just say lockdown and all those donuts and cinnamon buns didn't help.

However, due to being a major player in the medial lab space, employer offered antibody testing (free) for that pesky health emergency. They benefit because they can tell who's been vaccinated. We benefit because we can see how effective the vaccine was.

Greater than .7U/ml is a positive for antibodies result is a detectable amount. I'm sure this data is being shared with the CDC. I didn't read the fine print beyond making sure I wasn't giving them anything other than blood and health data. Didn't want to trade the cat away, or swear off modelling due to legalese.

Here are my numbers.
Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 6.25.19 AM.png

My second dose of Pfizer was early April. It's now late July of the same year. This appears to be a strong response 3+ months on.

Please go get vaccinated.

Morning all,

High of 94° in Doo-Dah today with the humidity rising. Mrs. on a vacation day today, so we'll see what kind of fuss she makes at me when I go home and try to mow later this morning. She thinks the rider is the way to go, but the 48" cut rider I have doesn't cut evenly and butchered the heck out of the front yard and even scalps a few spot, right before it gets hot. Fescue doesn't like heat, even with regular watering.

I've seen Vera a time or 2. She's very helpful.

Good morning, Happy Friday!

Today is forecast to be a fantastic weather day.

1949 B&O Columbian publicity photo..jpg

Brand new B&O Columbian publicity photo from 1949. Yes, the diesels are Passenger Service F-3s.
7-22-1967 H Smith photo PRR 4234.jpg

South Amboy NJ 7-22-1967. Newly renumbered E7 4234, newly Radio Equipped, (No more Train - Phone and Antennas), and newer Keystone scheme. Hal Smith photo. Note: the brick structure facing the street to the left of the locomotive, is the Headquarters of the Raritan River Rail Road, which ran from South Amboy to New Brunswick, and still exists as part of what remains of Conrail.

The Olympics start today and I really don't care. I keep getting these annoying popups about "Watch Now" in my news feeds and I could care less. I don't watch nor have ever watched the Olympics. I don't intend to start now and nothing in my life changes whether we do or don't win gold medals or even participate. I guess I'm glad some find it helpful.

Greetings all!

Back last evening and enjoyed a whisky to unwind. Nice evening. Great conference/seminar, but good to be home. I'll be running around all day today for family committments, but the schedule is cleared for tomorrow's Train SHow at the Minnesota State Fair grounds. I will wear my dark-gray Clan MacLeod polo shirt, and maybe my US Navy veteran ball cap, if anyone else is there. I', looking forward to the show and buying some supplies, necessities, and maybe even a few luxuries at rock-bottom prices. Then, a Teins game on Sunday afternoon, so no train work until Monday, probably.

I have not had time/ taken time to catch up on all posts. Good to be back and I pray all are well.

--------Steve J

Morning all,

High of 94° in Doo-Dah today with the humidity rising. Mrs. on a vacation day today, so we'll see what kind of fuss she makes at me when I go home and try to mow later this morning. She thinks the rider is the way to go, but the 48" cut rider I have doesn't cut evenly and butchered the heck out of the front yard and even scalps a few spot, right before it gets hot. Fescue doesn't like heat, even with regular watering.

I've seen Vera a time or 2. She's very helpful.
I had a tractor with a 48” cut, and returned it and got one with a 42” cut. I do have to make a couple more passes with it, but it cuts a lot more evenly with much less scalping.

Howdy ....

Greg ..... That Logan Valley boxcar looks good on your layout.

Joe .... I like the photos you posted. I see a dome car in the Columbian consist.

Raboliot ...... Apparently, your name is Christian based on Willie and Sherrel calling you that name in their posts. Do you prefer we use that name? ... Magnum ice cream bars are yummy.

Patrick ... What Olympics ?

Curt .... Good seeing you today.

Willie .... When I attempted to use the track planning software, it was still a new concept, and I used an early version. I would hope improvements have been made over the years. Nevertheless, I used whatever drafting skills (not much) I acquired in high school drafting classes to design my track plan. As I said, I did not follow it closely as I built the layout. The only part that mattered was the mainline because I needed to retain minimum radius curves.

Everybody ..... Have a good Friday.

It's not low where I live. 4-5 inches in a little over an hour is going to cause problems. All that water was gone in 2 hours.

Good morning... Coffee Flo the grass is really growing after being watered.

Tom, I wasn’t implying that was low land. I was trying to state because of a couple floods as a kid I have only built on high lands to avoid flooding. A few times in the last 18 months we have become the island because even 2-3” in an hour will cause issues and problems. Arkward phasing on my part, please forgive.

TomO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back