RTG Turboliner and UAC TurboTrain

LATX

Has these two ever Operate on the same line while in service? I have both The RTG and UAC in Amtrak paint Scheme but just curious if they ever seen each other beisdes at the graveyard? thanks in advance

UAC train was originally used between NYC and Boston. Eventually is was used in the US on other Routes, occasionally (Parkersburg, wv). RTG prototype train was used in the Midwest mostly between Chicago and St. Louis for a few years. The Rohr Turbotrain, based on the French train,but with pointy noses, were used mostly in Empire State Service, or on the Adirondack to Montreal. At least that's what I recall.

thanks so they would never seen each other at a station than i guess i good a model picture than lol

If you move up the arrival date of the Rohr/RTG tubroliners to about 1968, they might have used Grand Central Terminal, in addition to the UAC Turbotrain, that might have orginally been purchased by the New Haven.

Either that, or maybe after the Rohr trains were used on the Adirondack, after about 1974, and you were modeling Montreal. Don't know which station Amtrak used there, about that time, but CN also had copies of the UAC Turbotrain.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is true to but I have a Amtrak UAC set the late one and CN turbos cause a handsome ransom maybe I just use what they got it freelance lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Photo bucket robbed me of my pictures two years ago I haven't been on my computer to change it

Photo bucket robbed me of my pictures two years ago I haven't been on my computer to change it

Yes, P/bucket (read that as it pronounces) I'm sure have lost some of mine, and when I uploaded some from my computer, for a thread on here the other day, instead of going into the album I had selected (and that is also a hastle to find now) only put them into "recent uploads". A real mess that site is now.

Back