RR magazines in binders

fangerdog

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have a lot of old Rail Road Model Craftsman and Model Railroader magazines. The years are mid 60s to mid 70s, all are in binders. Should I just throw them in the recycling bin at the dump or are they of interest to anyone?

In one of my purge modes I threw all mine in the recycling but now regret it.
I did give some newer editions to some dentist offices.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have a lot of old Rail Road Model Craftsman and Model Railroader magazines. The years are mid 60s to mid 70s, all are in binders. Should I just throw them in the recycling bin at the dump or are they of interest to anyone?
Are they in the official publication binders or just generic magazine binders?

And as Rico said, if they were newer, ... I've been taking a few with me to dentist offices, doctor waiting rooms, Jiffy Lub, etc. and leaving them. I've never seen one remain when I go back. So I don't know if folks are taking them or if the offices are purging them.

They are in the official publication binders
s IMG_6328.JPG

My fantasy is to not have to ship them but since I live in rural NH I'm guessing there isn't much demand locally. They are bulky and heavy and I have no idea how much it would cost to ship. But I can look into it if you are really interested.

Don't give up on James. He lives in NY. He's made longer trips than that just to catch a fish. lol Another thought is to donate them to a library, children's home or rehab center.

Fishing, ah. I listed my boat a few weeks ago and my wife said, "Finally, you won't be fishing." and I said, "What are you talking about, I'm getting a new boat!"

I guess no interest in the free mags, so it'll be dump time (once I assemble some ambition).
RR Craftsman Binder years 66-76 (no 1972)
Model Railroader Binder years 63-76 (no 1967, 1968 1971)
I did not check each individual binder to verify that every month is there, so I'm just assuming each yearly binder is complete.

Attachments

• IMG_6328.JPG
    IMG_6328.JPG
    507.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6344.jpg
    IMG_6344.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 87
I guess no interest in the free mags, so it'll be dump time (once I assemble some ambition).
RR Craftsman Binder years 66-76 (no 1972)
Model Railroader Binder years 63-76 (no 1967, 1968 1971)
I did not check each individual binder to verify that every month is there, so I'm just assuming each yearly binder is complete.

Ah my man! I am here have no fear. As Willie says I have traveled far far and beyond for some of the wildest adventures.......

I am still interested in the MRC mags.....not so much the Model Railroader.

I live in upstate NY. Where are you in NH?

Back