RR Grade Crossings

Railroad Jeff

HO modelers: I can't find any grade crossing equipment in HO scale anywhere! Tomar, NJ International, Walthers...no one carries anything, even though they are listed on Websites. Anyone know when these will be available, or what's wrong with ALL the suppliers?
I managed to get a cantilever signal from Ebay, but that was the only source. No one even carries the plastic inoperable grade crossing gates. Too bad, because Azatrax has a nice means of animating them.

HELP!

Jeff (an NWP fan)

You might try Zstuff Express. I have some crossing gates with crossbuck flashing lights. Their sensors work by reflected IR off the passing train, rather than by breaking the IR beam so it is less easy to work with more than 2 tracks like Azatrax sensors can. Part of the problem with outfits like NJ, Tomar, etc. is their suppliers are basically shut down by the COVID virus. Not sure, but most of the stuff must be made in China! Don't know what to tell you other than just using crossbucks with no lights. I just checked NJ and they show #1160 crossing gates and flashing lights as available. Don't know if they have them in stock as I don't need them and didn't try to order.
Stay well and safe!

Last edited:
You might try Zstuff Express. I have some crossing gates with crossbuck flashing lights. Their sensors work by reflected IR off the passing train, rather than by breaking the IR beam so it is less easy to work with more than 2 tracks like Azatrax sensors can. Part of the problem with outfits like NJ, Tomar, etc. is their suppliers are basically shut down by the COVID virus. Not sure, but most of the stuff must be made in China! Don't know what to tell you other than just using crossbucks with no lights. I just checked NJ and they show #1160 crossing gates and flashing lights as available. Don't know if they have them in stock as I don't need them and didn't try to order.
Stay well and safe!
Thanks trailrider! I'll check it out.

Back