Roundhouse Locomotive

Capitalist2

I have a nice upgraded AMTRAK train set with a bluebox FP45 loco, which runs ok, but not great. I saw a new Roundhouse Amtrak loco on one of the websites for sale and was wondering about the quality. Anyone have experience with Roundhouse locos?

I have a nice upgraded AMTRAK train set with a bluebox FP45 loco, which runs ok, but not great. I saw a new Roundhouse Amtrak loco on one of the websites for sale and was wondering about the quality. Anyone have experience with Roundhouse locos?
Roundhouse, now is Athearn's previous DC/DCC ready line, which came into being after a couple of upgrades from Blue Box. Much better shells, more accurate dimensions/detailing (wire grabs factory fitted, directional lighting with a mother board that would accept 8 pin an 9 pin silent DCC decoders. "Quick Plug" they were called on the boxes, also now with windows) and better chassis with extra weight. No gaps in the front and rear pilots. Couplers on the smaller diesels usually secure the shell in place, 6 axle ones may have a couple of screws extra. Pretty easy to work on.

Last edited:

Back