Roof Vent and AC Unit Placement

GuilfordRailman

Just wrapping up assembling the Walthers Cornerstone Roof Details. I’ve realized that I don’t know the exact prototypical placement of the various types of vents in the kit. Can anybody provide any insight/tips? The kit comes with everything pictured below:

067B996C-D4A4-4BFF-B705-7F0430A2FBBD.jpeg

First of all, you don't need to put all of these details on the same structure. They all don't have to go on the roof top either. The large air conditioner is more suitable for ground installation, the swamp cooler is more suitable for window installation, and no more than 2-3 of the remaining vents/exhausts should be needed on any single structure. What you have pictured should be enough to detail 3-4 buildings. Some could even go on the side of a structure like the angled exhaust intake duct or the motorized blower. See below.
07-18-20 010.JPG

08-16-20 005 (2).JPG

First of all, you don't need to put all of these details on the same structure. They all don't have to go on the roof top either. The large air conditioner is more suitable for ground installation, the swamp cooler is more suitable for window installation, and no more than 2-3 of the remaining vents/exhausts should be needed on any single structure. What you have pictured should be enough to detail 3-4 buildings. Some could even go on the side of a structure like the angled exhaust intake duct or the motorized blower. See below.
View attachment 149022
View attachment 149024
I didn’t even think to use some of these on the sides of the structures or on the ground next to them! I currently have them spread out between 5 different structures, the only thing I’m not sure of is which would be found on certain structures versus others? Would apartment complexes use certain exhaust vents while a factory uses others?

Most of the roof vents that are pictured would be used on industrial buildings. The smokejack could be used for a restaurant. The swamp cooler could be used in a small business like a repair shop in the window or on the side of a wall. While the medium air conditioner could be roof mounted, it is more typically ground mounted like the large one and used at medium sized businesses or offices. I don't see anything there that might be used for an apartment complex. All of the different exhaust stacks are typically used on small to medium industrial structures like a machine shop or a forge. Larger facilities would use multiples of the same kind of vent or stack, not many different ones.

Most of the roof vents that are pictured would be used on industrial buildings. The smokejack could be used for a restaurant. The swamp cooler could be used in a small business like a repair shop in the window or on the side of a wall. While the medium air conditioner could be roof mounted, it is more typically ground mounted like the large one and used at medium sized businesses or offices. I don't see anything there that might be used for an apartment complex. All of the different exhaust stacks are typically used on small to medium industrial structures like a machine shop or a forge. Larger facilities would use multiples of the same kind of vent or stack, not many different ones.
I’ll have to do some thinking on placement. Definitely will put the large and medium sized AC units on the ground next to their respective buildings. I love the idea of putting the motorized blower on the side of a building! Thanks for the help!

Back