Rolling By The Tunnel

tompm

Just got word that a train would be passing by the tunnel that had some interesting cars. (Actually I spent a good portion of the evening running this train around the layout and watching it pass various features on the layout. Kind of fun to see the trains pass by what you have been working on.)

IHC L&NE 0-8-0 Switcher custom renumbered
Interchange_2007_01a_002a.jpg

Athearn/Roundhouse 36’ Flat car with tractors
Interchange_2007_01a_003a.jpg

Interchange_2007_01a_004a.jpg

Athearn/Roundhouse NYO&W wood reefer.
Interchange_2007_01a_005a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend’s MDC/Roundhouse Sun Oil old time tan car:
Interchange_2007_01a_006a.jpg

MDC/Roundhouse Sun Oil old time tan car:
Interchange_200701a_007a.jpg

MDC/Roundhouse Erie 40’ gondola
Interchange_2007_01a_008a.jpg

MDC/Roundhouse Hersheys wood reefer:
Interchange_2007_01a_009a.jpg

Accurail L&NE outside truss wood boxcar:
Interchange_2007_01a_010a.jpg

MDC/Roundhouse L&NE custom painted and decaled NE caboose:
Interchange_2007_01a_011a.jpg

Just got word that a train would be passing by the tunnel that had some interesting cars. (Actually I spent a good portion of the evening running this train around the layout and watching it pass various features on the layout. Kind of fun to see the trains pass by what you have been working on.)

I like that rock in the background and the cars. What other photos do you have?

NYC_George

Great work tom! Most of those would look right at home on my SLO&W. Are the Tank Cars still produced?

Thanks everyone!

I like that rock in the background and the cars. What other photos do you have?

NYC_George

A quick answer is to check out the link to my Rail Images Gallery in my signature. I am in the process of reorganizing my gallery and once I do I hope to post a topic about how I created the scene. Also I am in the process of writing an article for Railroadforum.com 's online magazine (http://www.railroadforum.com/magazine/contents.html) about how I make rock faces using Sculpta-mold and aluminum foil.

Great work tom! Most of those would look right at home on my SLO&W. Are the Tank Cars still produced?

Since Athearn took over Roundhouse they are not being produced. From what I can find out they had not been produced by Roundhouse for many years before that. The one I got (the 2nd Sun Oil) I got on EBay. The other one in the train is a friend's he asked me to weather.

I have only found them on EBay. A freind picked one up for me at a recent swap meet and I am waiting for it to arrive.

Back