Rock local at work

Kermit

This photo shows a Rock local at work. The local has just finished switching a branch line on my HO scale home layout, and is now headed back to the yard.

Hmmmm! trees are the wrong color for this time of year! :D
Seriously, very nice work all around. Trackwork, weathering the whole presentation. I'm kind of taken by that overpass bridge, for HO that is prety nifty, a real nice presentation. Nice detailing on the loco. what brand is it?
Cheers Willis

Thanks for the nice comments on my layout. I appreciate them. The locomotive is a Proto 2000 GP38-2. The freight cars have all been weathered, but I haven't done the locomotive yet. Too new and haven't had time to get to it yet. The bridge may look a little 50's, but it is correct for the area that I loosely modeled this after. Actually the main player on my layout is the Frisco. I loosely modeled my layout after Carthage, MO. The Frisco and MoPac both ran through Carthage. In Carthage near both the Frisco and MoPac yards some of the tracks did run along some rock bluffs similar to those in the photo. The highway bridge is very similar to one that carries Bus. Hwy 71 over the railroad tracks in Carthage. This bridge still stands today and is used daily. :)

Great photo of a great layout! Only problem I see is that the layout is at your house and not mine! :D

I haven't done the locomotive yet.
Ah! yes, I was noticing all the details the nicely formed cut levers, hoses, grabs, wipers, I mean it's all there I didn't know the P2K's were that detailed. Yeah I know what you mean about not wanting to dirty it up :D
Cheers Willis

Very nice. But, why is my loco on your layout? Maybe I lost track of it. I need to contact logistics control.:D

trainman1980 = Dr. Frankenstein

Keeps resurrecting the dead...

But then again, model trains are timeless right? 3 year old thread may as well be 30 years old. Still valid, right?

Back