Rock Car pics coming soon!

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Keep watching, i intend to post a pic or 2 tonight/tomorrow morning of my Copper Range RR Rock car project... I got the trucks, couplers, and paint today...

Rock Car Pics

Here's the days progress, pictures rolling from, Primered, to base coated black, to assembled with Kadee couplers, Kadee archbar trucks, and all painted, engine black. Needs decaling now, and a good coat of Dullcoat.

Guess I coulda added the original model...
Huh! that's what you started with? Seriously a real neat job of building those hoppers. They remind me of the two bay hoppers (in fact they look identical) used by a private road owned by a coal company between the 40's and 60's ( maybe even later but I wanted to see the world so I left). Hmm I could use about 27 of those on my layout :D
Cheers Willis

I think this is the project I read about on your website (or maybe I followed a link from your website :confused: ).

So this is what you want the Bowser H22A's for huh :D . Nice project! A string of these with some rock loads would look great!

CBCNSfan said:
Huh! that's what you started with? Seriously a real neat job of building those hoppers. They remind me of the two bay hoppers (in fact they look identical) used by a private road owned by a coal company between the 40's and 60's ( maybe even later but I wanted to see the world so I left). Hmm I could use about 27 of those on my layout :D
Cheers Willis
Looks good Josh. CBCNSfan, I think maybe I could use some to :D

Hehe, yeah its a common design actually, Quoted from the copperrange.org site:
"Standard USRA 50-55 Ton Rock Cars Built by Pressed Steel Car Co and Western Steel Car & Foundry Co
Copper Range numbered 3000-3074"

Design By Bob Oom, shown by Kevin Musser, owner of the copperrange.org site:
http://www.copperrange.org/steelrockcar/steelrockcar.htm
Many thanks to Bob & Kevin for this design ;)

More to come, hopefully after the 4th of July, gives me 4 days to work!

lol, back on subject, I hand decaled one side of the car, I'll do the numbering on the other side later tonight, and some of the lettering too, I nee more letters! Pics this weekend, prolly in the "what are you doing posts".

Back