Roads Questiions

BNSF4723

Hi all say what is the best way too make HO Roads.I would like too try too amke my Own any Suggestions anyone can give me Thanks.I checked out Waltehr's they are all sold out or gone.Go Figure.

I just bought this stuff at the LHS last week and it looks like it definately will do the trick. It's called Foamtastic, comes in black, as well as other colours, it's a close foam rubber and comes in 9"x12" sheets and is about the same thickness as the distance between the top of code 100 rail and the top of the ties .

It's imported by Nicole, PO Box 846, Mt. Laurel, N.J. 08054

I suspect you would have better luck getting it at a craft store.

Woodland scenics had a paster road system, if not on walthers try eBay. I'd avoid the preformed road sections as they almost allways look, well plastic. There's a thread here too, but heck if I can find it!

Fergmiester said:
I just bought this stuff at the LHS last week and it looks like it definately will do the trick. It's called Foamtastic, comes in black, as well as other colours, it's a close foam rubber and comes in 9"x12" sheets and is about the same thickness as the distance between the top of code 100 rail and the top of the ties .

It's imported by Nicole, PO Box 846, Mt. Laurel, N.J. 08054

I suspect you would have better luck getting it at a craft store.

I just got some from Waltmart. There is a thread at Railwire though for N scale, would be even better in HO,

http://home.cablerocket.com/~crowley/ashphalt_roads.htm

Here is how his looked:

ashpha10.jpg

NOW THATS AWSOME, better then the conventional plaster method! And you can still stain the road with the woodland senics dyes so when you "crack the road" you don't have any white... Humm, *Bookmark* so I can show my dad, biggest issue he'll have if the former trolly track in downtown...

I used to paint fine gray sandpaper flat black for asphalt parking lots. When you scrape the surface with an old chisel or bar the small gray "pebbles" show thru nicely. Hitting it with a ballpean hammer creates potholes and depressions.
I think I'll give that Foamtastic a try on the new layout, looks great!

I have seen excellant results from using light weight "tar paper" that goes under roofing shingles. You can cut it with old sissors to the desired size and shape for new pavement. Weather with diluted light gray acrylic paint.
You may look around new home construction for scrap pieces to try on your layout.
Quick and easy parking lots by using paint pens in white or yellow for the stripes.

I was thinking of using Pin Stripping for Automobiles,The then hite & Yellow knds.Also I wnate dtoo use the Poster Board that Photoagrahpers use thw white thin stuff.I have some of those they are about 4 inches wiide,Thanks for the Help Y'all.

MR did a piece about roads a few months back, they gave dates when markings changed from white to yellow

dang really I just got a new Subcription from them last few weeks ago no issue yet must take some time for that 1st issue to show up.Dang wish I had that issue you mentioned,Myabe I can contact MR ask if they can send me a copy of that article to my email.Thanks Stve

Back