Rivarossi Motors

grovepeople

I'm currently changing from dc to dcc. One of my models is a 4-6-4 Rivarossi Blue Goose, and the largest problem and most debated problem is changing the motor or replace it. Basically
i've attached a photo of the model and motor and i'm wondering what other people have done. 20151122_190218[1].jpg20151122_190232[1].jpg20151122_190727[1].jpg

So far I've only swapped out one motor. If you don't use it a lot, perhaps it may be cost prohibitive to you. I e-mailed NWSL with the dimensions of the motor and a photo of what I was looking to do. i explained that I'd never done it before. In a day or so I received back some good, helpful information that made swapping the motor into a good choice.

Find either a 5-pole, skew-wound motor or a coreless motor that will fit inside the superstructure. Shouldn't be too difficult to swap. The drive shaft can be connected directly, or you can get some universal drive shaft components. I've used Athearn diesel parts for years, but I don't know if they are still available.

Basically same frame and motor as my Rivarossi 4-6-4 Hudson. I'll see if I can dig up the suggestions I got for re-motoring mine.

Back