Rivarossi Challenger

Conondale

I need to get inside the tender to get to I hope is an installed decoder. I have been unable to get the top of the frame. Has anybody done this or can tell me how to get the top off?

They have made many versions of Challengers over the last 50 years or so. Which version do you have?

They have made many versions of Challengers over the last 50 years or so. Which version do you have?
I was given this Challenger from a friends wife after he passed away. There is no box and believe he had it a long time I cannot find any reference numbers on the loco. It probably is an early version

If you have the Vanderbilt tender, I believe the end will come off. It is very lightly glued and you can use a thin blade knife to slip in and pop it loose.

I need to get inside the tender to get to I hope is an installed decoder. I have been unable to get the top of the frame. Has anybody done this or can tell me how to get the top off?
The ends are glued on to the centipede tenders, the shell is not "removable" like most tenders. You can gently work a blade around the edge of the front and pop it off. The shell does not come off the chassis.

Back