Modeltrains2021

Hi there i have a rivarossi 2-8-8-2 and it has electrical pick up issues i cleaned the track and the tender wheels going to clean the locomotives wheels and see if that helps any helpfull tips appreciated

Hi there i have a rivarossi 2-8-8-2 and it has electrical pick up issues i cleaned the track and the tender wheels going to clean the locomotives wheels and see if that helps any helpfull tips appreciated
MT2021: Clean wheels are the most important - do that first. I have a couple of the 2-8-8-2's, one older one new. Had problems with the older one which I found that all the driving wheels were not flat on the rails and the electrical between tender and engine was fickle at best which probably caused it to run intermittent. I don't remember exactly what I did; fussing with it got her going again though.

One other item you might experiment with is to take an ordinary pencil with somewhat soft lead, and treat the wheels where ectrical contact is made, ...and treat the track a little bit also. Graphite in that pencil's lead can do wonders.

Back