Ripping out!!

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
:rolleyes: Well, Making some more major changes on the layout. Tore out all the loopty loops & a lot of scenery to make room for double main lines w/long curves. I have a lot of 6 axle diesel engines & the other radius just didn't work. I have already laid most of the new track & started replacing the mountain scenery. I am blending the new scenery w/the old that I didn't remove. It's going to be a 100% improvement.
Some pics attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I really know why our layouts are never finished :D.

Larry, that's the way to do it. You want something different or make something better...don't start all over, just rip that out and keep what you like. That's why they make saws and pry bars;) . Keep us updated.

When U use a mixture of Celotex, Patching plaster, foam insulation, wood,
& metal straps it makes for an interesting mess when ripping out large areas.
Using a medium hammer, short crowbar & short course hand saw, screwdriver
& pliers to remove staples.

I couldn't live without SD40-2s, great decision there! I also wouldn't be able to live without a MRR for the time it took to get the tracks back.
Matthew

TrainboyH16-44 said:
I couldn't live without SD40-2s, great decision there! I also wouldn't be able to live without a MRR for the time it took to get the tracks back.
Matthew

I'll probably have the tracks back in operation by this weekend. I usually spend 1 or 2 days a week working on the layout.
I bought a mini camera at Walmart at a closeout price of $63.00 that I have to install in one of my dummy engines or a boxcar & that will probably take a day away from track laying.

Larry:)

Back