Ride-on backyard railroad (7) - Hand Power car

bob

Administrator
Staff member
[h=1]Ride-on backyard railroad (7) - Hand Power car

The FCMA (Ferrocarril Modular Argentino) - Argentine Modular Railroad is a completely home made, narrow gauge (7-7/8 inches) short line, located at the house backyard.[/h]
[YOUTUBE]wspF3WactOw[/YOUTUBE]

Looks like he could have used a different gear ratio. I prefer a MOTOR.

Now that is funny!
Lots of work to get very far.
I prefer TWO MOTORS

P5120212.jpg

Attachments

• P5250033.jpg
    P5250033.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 508
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool little buggy, talk about pizza cutting flanges!
Higher gearing would be nice, yup.

Looks like he could have used a different gear ratio. I prefer a MOTOR.

Looks to me he could easily power it with a chain saw. One man in town here made a scooter using one, and a pretty small one. One of the larger ones would easily work in his mechanism.

At least you wouldn't have to worry about a high speed derailment. I think a small motor would be just what that setup needs!

When I was a kid I lived in Bloomington Minnesota. At the west side of Bloomington, near where Highway 494 and 100 meet was a small amusement park called Queen Anne's Kiddie Land. They had hand cars like you've shown. However, I remember them being faster than yours and the total ride was several hundred feet long. As a kid interested in railroads, I was fascinated by this ride!

HO, the Honerable Option!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's something similar in a park a couple of suburbs away, but it's a monorail with a raised track and you sit astride it. Hand crank driven though.

Back