Ricko in 1:87 Scale

zgardner18

Guys,

This is my first post on this website.

Yesterday I was looking through the Walther's seasonal sale catalog and notice that a company called Ricko has modern HO scale cars. I for one have a great interest in modern cars for I am modeling in the 2000's and struggle to understand why there isn't that many HO automobiles to choose from. I just wish someone would step up and start manufacturing more modern pick-up trucks, SUVs and American cars. Heck, me being from California and seeing that most of our cars on the freeways are Japanese, I wouldn't mind seeing some Toyota, Nissan, and Hondas too. I’m just sick of seeing a whole mess of European cars, which is fine if I was modeling Beverly Hills but I don’t think any trains go through that town. I’m modeling central Montana and I assure you that there are hardly any BMW’s, Austin Martins, or Mercedes Benz on every corner.

Here is the link to Ricko's 1:87 cars for anyone that is interested.

http://www.rickoricko.com/products87.php?seg=0

I'm not saying that it is the reason but maybe part of the reason is the liscensing fees charged by the automakers. From what I understand, the fees the automakers charge are quite hefty.

A small hobby manufacturer will probably not be able to sell enough cars to make a profit, esp. if a good percentage of the price of the car is to cover the fees.

Wait a minute Chip, isn't your layout take place in the wild west of the 1800's. Then am I right to say that there is a little bit of sarcasm.

Carey,

I believe that you are right but then again some of them like Atlas who has Ford trucks, why can't they make more, like Rangers, Expeditions, and so on?

Zak;

I still think its the liscensing fees. I think the fees for cars are higher than trucks.

Several years ago there was a long discussion on the Atlas fourms about these fees and what the rates were. IIRC, the fees for autos were double for the trucks.

Caught.

Actually, I was thinking of 1917. I know that Jordan makes 3 models that fit that era, and I can only have so many fire trucks.

SpaceMouse said:
Caught.

Actually, I was thinking of 1917. I know that Jordan makes 3 models that fit that era, and I can only have so many fire trucks.
No you can't! I love fire trucks!

The easiest way to get what you want ti resin, if someone only made what you want. As for Ricko, i wish they had prices on their website.

Not only would I like to see more trucks and SUVs but how about motorhomes and camping trailers, or trailers of any sorts. I bought a piece of widdling wood and carved myself a 5th wheel camper for one of my Atlas F-150. It's not done and I'm not all that excited about it but It will do.

Back