Reversing Section Quick Question

It would be in a section of the loop.
A track diagram would help, also if you are running DC or DCC.

Track Diagram

Did the link I post not work? That shows the track diagram. DCC. I have the reversing section from A to B but not sure if that is right. Let me know if you need a better diagram or repost the picture.

Track Diagram Link

Not the best drawing but you should get the basic idea. The helix goes to a different level and can be disregarded. My layout will be DCC. I see the reversing section from A to B but wonder if they're any others I'm missing. Can't see any that would reverse train but just wanted to make surei have it right before wiring. Let me know if link doesn't work. Thanks.

http://db.tt/fx8gzHM

Okay both worked this time.
That's quite the track plan, tricky! I'll try to answer your question, but may need to study it a bit more.
Yes between A and B is your if you're traveling into or from the helix.
I'd move your gaps from "B" to the track beside it, that would make a switching lead out of the loop without having to worry about it.
I think you can run on the outside loop either direction without having to work the reverse section, the loop around the helix may become a reverse section depending on the yard "polarity".
Hope someone else jumps in here...

New Diagram

http://db.tt/34Mcbn1

Let's use this latest picture as an example and not the first link from my first post. I've included letters other than A/B which I thought was the only reversing section. Let me know what number you're referring to when you say move B over to track beside it.

Thanks

If you put the gap at "B" in this diagram you create a switch lead for switching into the yard where you don't need to reverse anything:
You could also double track this line and create a dedicated switch lead also?

Good point. Can a train going around the entire outside loop (circle) go through reversing section successfully even though it doesn't need the polarity switched?
So do you know if that is the only reverse section I need?
Thanks for helping.

Back