Reversing direction on Kato locomotives

dendavis

Hello:

Probably a dumb question, but here goes. I recently purchased the N scale California Zephyr passenger car set made by Kato, and subsequently purchased two pair of Kato's F3A & B sets, so I could run the classic A-B-B-A
lash-up. I am wondering, however, how to set the direction of the unit that would otherwise run the opposite direction. I did not see anything in the instructions, and, as those who have visited the Kato web site know, they don't answer individual questions. I hesitate to take the unit apart until I know what I am looking for, so any help would be appreciated.

One loco goes the wrong way when they are on the track? Are you on DCC or DC? DCC you need to change the direction of that loco on your throttle, DC you have a problem which needs to be rewired or the motor turned around. They should go the same direction regardless of which way they are pointed.

Thanks for the quick reply. It is DC only. I still have to set up a test track, so will do that before making any more premature judgments:D

If I understand you correctly you want to know how to run the one set backwards while the other is going forward,correct?

If this is right all you have to do is put them on the track facing the way you want them to set.When you apply power they will all go the same direction.

They will run the same direction right out of the box. Only time you would have to worry is with DCC or if these were used and someone played with them.

If one happened to run backards it's a simple fix. Take the motor out and rotate it 180 degrees and it will run opposite to what it did before.

If I understand you correctly you want to know how to run the one set backwards while the other is going forward,correct?

If this is right all you have to do is put them on the track facing the way you want them to set.When you apply power they will all go the same direction.

Yes, exactly. Thanks for your reply, too.

Back