Returning after a long time

crusaderchuck

Returning to HO .
Presently have a 4x8 platform built , code 100 flex track , switches & cork roadbed purchased. Shopping track plans to see what's available as a starting point. Presently I simply want to run 2 trains and sidings or industry have not been decided. Something very nostalgic about starting around John Allen's initial layout with some fine tuning to run 2 trains at the same time. Thoughts? Also DC not DCC. Will be running Varney , early Mantua and Penn Line/bowser type/Era equipment. If anything newer finds its way to me , GREAT! SSI budget limits my purchasing power. Been collecting the needed supplies for over a year now. Finally have enough basic material to lay track once I have a track plan decided upon.

Greetings and Welcome.

There are a couple of us that are DC only. Myself and Santa Fe Willie are a couple of DC only. I will say Willie has been a great help and as you have questions, I hope I can give as much good advice as he has given me over the years.

Welcome aboard Chuck. You have made a good start preparing for just running trains. Be sure to take and post pictures along the way because we love pictures here on the forum. Nothing wrong with running DC, I do it on a multi-level 20' x 32' layout. If needed, I can run two trains at once but I can't pay attention to two at once. :)
Google "4' x 8' HO track plans" for some ideas.
Have fun.

Back