Replacement Ihc Wheels

caellis

Does anyone know a source for replacing ALL the wheels on IHC loco's.
The IHC loco's I have are not RP25 compliant(flanges too high/deep).

They were good runners on code 100 so I would like to convert if not too costly.

I operate on code 83 track now and have not been able to run my IHC loco's for this reason.

I would be grateful for any help pointing me in the right direction.

Charlie;

Depending on the locomotive, ie whether or not it was made by Rivarossi or not, Golf Manor Hobbies in Cinncinati would probably be the best place to start.

If they weren't made by RR, then I think your only hope is to cut down the flanges yourself as I doubt that IHC sells smaller flanged wheels as replacements. Best but most tedious is by use of a modelers lathe. But if you're like me, you don't have one or access to one.:(

Second alternative is to slowly cut them down with a file, as they are turned by the motor. Very time consuming and tedious as the motor can burn out if overloaded by the file, or the tires overheat the plastic centers of the drivers and the drivers melt or deform. Then you have the problem of the unpowered wheels. Short of just rolling them back and forth over a large file, they can be loaded into a drill and filed down that way.

Back