Repainting a UP GP38

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
I have a Proto 2000 GP38-2 that I'm repainting.

This is what it looked like before.
2027.jpg

This is what I'm trying to achieve.
4099.jpg

And this is the point I'm at right now.
decal1-1.png

Would you believe the decals are just printed on white air mail paper? Here's a close-up of one of them.
4099-1-3.png

From what I can se, that looks great! On the other hand, you may want to try maybe putting your model under flourescent light...It shows the details more clear. Otherwise, what a sweet job!

-Rich

I like it Jeffrey. I know how cameras can be a real pain. My HP isn't the greatest but the flash sometimes makes up for the difference of floresant verses encondisant lighting where the picture comes out excellent or all washed out or something in between(which is what I at least hope for). I would like to see the nose if you have takens some pix of that too. Otherwise it looks great!

I haven't done anything to the nose yet. I still have to tackle the end stripes. I'm thinking about taking the easy way out on them and print them out on the air mail paper instead of painting them on. My hands aren't that steady anymore.

Jeffrey try Microscale 87-708 reading end barricade and striping decals, these might work for you.

Todd McWilliam

:eek: :eek: Ugh! thats just terrible jeffery! :eek: I hate :mad: to see a UP unit go a foreign repaint:( :( ...LOL awww man it is all good dude...;) :p :D

Just throw a little dark blue on the bottom and some yellow on the front, and you'd have a CSX unit! :p :D

Seriously though, it looks good just the way it is - be sure to post pix of the end stripes when you get 'em on.

Back