Removing lettering on P2K hoppers

BIGO

Hello all,

I would like to remove most of the lettering on my P2K NAHX high side covered hoppers. Any suggestions?

I don't want to remove the paint as I want the cars to be grey.

thanks

Michael

Nice article Josh. I also add that I have been changing numbers so all the cars arent the same and also changing road names. I went to the beauty supply store and got the very small foam/brush/cotton tip thingies used for eyeliner I guess. They work great and while there think out of the box, get some quilted cotton squares and other items you will see. Dont worry you get a few funny looks and when the girls check you out they will ask you what kind of guns you are cleaning. Tom

small foam/brush/cotton tip thingies

Tom,

any particular brand name for those small foam/brush/cotton tip thingies you got? I tried the q-tips on four cars today and it was pretty hard to try to keep the q-tip on the lettering only. I did wear one all the way through the paint, oops.

thanks

Michael

The ones I have right now are microbrush. I get them from Sally Beauty Supply locally since my LHS didnt seem interested. I just did a search and found http://www.microbrush.com/index.asp . Looks like the home site and many other possible sources. They are more like a brush than a swab.

I have rubbed thru the paint also. Let it soak a bit more and use more fluid if possible. Hard to do in a tight spot.

Good Luck, Tom

I buy my microbrushes at the LHS, but if I don't wanna drive too far then i'll go to the local ace hardware and they have them in the paint dept or where the touch up stuff is. some LHS has them so you might check which one has them, I usually buy the superfine.

You may also want to try cotton tip cleaners used in the electronics industry (for VCR cleaning). They are wound much tighter and stay together better too. There are also foam tipped ones, as well as synthetic chamois ones for use on delicate video heads.

Mark

Back