Removed

Steve, nice photos of your club's layout. Great scenery with all the evergreens. I have several of Milwaukee MP15 locomotives (DCC and Sound) and a SOO Line (DCC only). They are great runners and easy to work on. I added DCC to the SOO.

How large a membership has the club?

Greg

Here we go, a few more scenes from this past weekend. I had to let my DMIR 2-10-2 roam a bit more. View attachment 36375

Here she is heading into Duluth from the Hinckley sub.
View attachment 36376

And since our club ore cars are undergoing cleaning and maintenance I took a few out for a spin to check the work.
View attachment 36381

MILW MP15's out for a run into the quarry. I don't believe this track is real, but the lower one is definitely the BNSF line through Sandstone, MN.
View attachment 36377

After some switching in the quarry, my MP15's then picked up a few cars I had in a display case.
View attachment 36383
View attachment 36378

BNSF triplet street running out of Potlatch paper in Brainerd, MN.
View attachment 36380

Interesting scenes, I would say the scenery running into Duluth is probably the most realistic (it is very believable)

(not to sound like too much of an expert) ;) I have lived in 8 towns along and near the (former) NP line from St. Paul to Duluth since 1958: St. Paul, Forest Lake, Wyoming, Rock Creek, Hinckley, Sandstone, Willow River, and Cloquet.

Thanks for posting!

Dave

Great pictures.

There's a club in my town, but they're a bit high brow. They come from Wichita and lease space here because it is cheaper. That's really too bad because I think they could do well to keep interest and grow the hobby.

'Cuz I have nothing but free time outside of work, I'm now working on the North Metro YouTube channel! I just uploaded our first club video this week. In-depth layout content will come!

Steve

Nice video and great scenery. At 1st the trains seemed to move very fast. But I model a 12 miles stretch in Central Wisconsin where the top speed is 20mph. I would love to operate again on something this big and go faster then 20!
TomO

Again a great layout and thanks for sharing the videos. I like the scenery and since my travel to Northern Minnesota has been limited, I've forgot how beautiful our neighboring state actually is to see. The bridges and water features are equally well done and impressive!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Greg

Last edited:
Yikes! Looks like the mow crew will be getting some ot.
So... any chance the new landlord could install a burger chute? 😋

Impressive as Heck, I'm from Minnesota nd had never heard of this club! Would like to know if they plan a meet this year and where it would be help!

Back