real life

Kewl! The individual sections look like they could have come straight out of a DPM catalog. Painting the bricks to look like that could be a major challenge...

Larry,
Are the tracks in the forground for trolley or trains? And does anyone have a model of an abandoned building on their layout. Just realized after reading Larry's post that every town has them, but I don't recall seeing any examples on layouts. What a range of opportunities this creates.
Tom

Hey Tom.... Don't think it's trolley I grew up in the industral city of Bridgeport CT and track like that was commonly used back then by the New Haven. This would be a challenge but it also can be modeled in a less disreputable condition.

I have more building pictures. Should I put them up ?

Larry

That would be Awesome to model.. and as others said..a challenge to model accurately..

Here is some of the ones I took up in Cincinati a couple weeks ago..

Hey Larry. Sure, I would like to see them. I can imagine some old boxcars being sent down that street to small manufacturers, or in the case of Pittsburgh some years ago, lots of cars filled with produce for the wholesalers in the Strip District.
Tom

Yes, put more building pictures up here! :)

As for a challenging build, yet, it would be, but an Idea solution would be to make a plaster cast of a blank wall, with the columns in this correct spacing, and leave space for the winows as well, and carve the brickwork yourself. It isn't as hard or time consuming as you would think it is. Try it!

Back