Rdg Sd45 7601

Sadly, I've been sooo busy with work and other obligations I've had precious little free time for loco projects. The last one that I had accomplished was this Reading SD45. The RDG SD45s were unique in that they had dual control stands, and the cab front wall had to be extended to accommodate this feature (PRSL GP38s had the same mod).

I started with a Kato SD45 and used some Cannon and Co. parts as well as some strip styrene to model the extended cab front.

I enjoyed this project so much I'm planning on doing a PC ex-PRSL GP38 with the same mods.

7601.jpg

I saw the thread title and had my fingers crossed this mod would be included in the project. Very well done!

Thanks guys, sorry I kind of forgot I started this thread! It was a fun project, and I may do another. The only other locos I recall having the same modification were some Pennsylvania Reading Seashore Lines (PRLS) GP38s. I am guessing that they survived thru PC and CR? I know at least one wound up on the Bangor and Aroostook.

I've got an undec and an extra body shell assembly, I'm really thinking about doing it! Was initially contemplating a PRSL unit but this would be more interesting...

Back