Rare Decals

WisconsinCentral

Just ran across this while in search of HLCX decals and stumbled (luckily) onto this site.
http://www.mgdecals.com/homepage.htm
Leasers, Grey GTW SD40-3s and a lot more of those non-norm paintschemes that are hard to find. I guess yes, this is advertising, but I was very very happy to find this site and Im sure many here will be too.

Alec

Highball has some neat one, but watch out, he's switching from Alps to screen printing (ala Microscale).

Not worse, but if you but two sheets make sure they're the same, because they can produce different results. Plus going to the screen printing costs more, and some of the decals will be retired and/or rare.

Alps is a laser printer, Scale Rail Graphics just gave up their Alps for a different brand, that has white toner, running at about $1400 a cartage.

I understood the Alps printer is a dry ink transfer process. Have some friends who use this print method for racing model decals (waterslide) with great results. The benefits are actual white colour printing and waterproof results. Alps is no longer supporting the printer so they're scrambling for a new method. Probably why this company is changing over.

Slightly OT, but has anyone tried the dry transfer sheets that can be printed with a standard inkjet? A UK company sells them (and EBay too) and the results look pretty good. Here's a link to the UK company that sells them.

Mark

Back