RAPIDO to Knuckle couplers...N Scale Loco conversion to HOn30 Narrow gauge locos

Hi,
still trying to work pout the kinks with the Excavators.....not as easy as it looks.
What the trains is concerned, I bought some BEMO narrow gauge passenger cars. they are of German Prototype from the 20ties and 30ties but where also used by RR south of the border. A lot of South American Narrow gauge RR companies bought German and other European equipment between the wars.Since my RR company is a border crossing one that is owned by a mining company with limited service to the community anything is possible. And the officila name will be TEXAS MEXICA.....without the RR attached since it should primarily represent the MINING COMPANY and there is a great DECAL SHEET available....It just open endless possibilities.......
So here is a a picture of one of the passenger cars...in the process of being adapted to the Americas.....
the Diesel as well is being Americanized.....as was the other one......
and in the meantime I found some figures that will be adapted to the time and location...
I also narrowed the time frame of operation.....late 1940ties to early sixties......
Am also adding the pictures of the figures. They come from China, need to be painted and adapted.....
the price is quite reasonable.....
As to the landscape, I got luck and found some usable material on a construction site......
So enough work waiting for me.
All the best
Chris

Attachments

• 0-12.jpg
    0-12.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 0-13.jpg
    0-13.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 0-9.jpg
    0-9.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot_2021-04-14 Outland Models Modelleisenbahn alte westliche Leute Figurenset Spur H0 1...png
    Screenshot_2021-04-14 Outland Models Modelleisenbahn alte westliche Leute Figurenset Spur H0 1...png
    603.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_2021-04-14 Outland Modelle Eisenbahn Landschaft Land Landwirt Bauer FIGUR SET HO Ga...png
    Screenshot_2021-04-14 Outland Modelle Eisenbahn Landschaft Land Landwirt Bauer FIGUR SET HO Ga...png
    225.2 KB · Views: 170
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1747.jpg
    IMG_1747.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1748(1).jpg
    IMG_1748(1).jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Been putzing around abit more and started an other Loco.
This one has a TRIX N Scale rack Locomotive drive and a body from Desktop Locomoyive Works.
She will be the one pulling the 2 Axle Minecars.....

Attachments

• 0-2.jpg
    0-2.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 162
Hi,
got lucky on E Bay and found an other MINITRIX switcher. Am very happy about the condition,she runs absolutely perfect considering how old the loco is.
So I decided to start an other conversion. This time it will be the "upgraded version" of my other one.
I had an HO cab from SO MUCH STUFF, cut the width down and opened up the front side to match the hood end of the loco.
I like the look of it so far. Now the walkways, detail parts etc.....
I just wish the mail between the US and Germany was faster...you can swim faster than they ship.....
But here are the first pictures ...in comparison with the first one I build.
Enjoy
Chris

Attachments

• 1-2.jpg
    1-2.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 1-3.jpg
    1-3.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 139