RailFlyer????????

LATX

Just curious not sure if it has been brought up here. RailFyler has went Bankrupt and changed they name to Phoenix-Micron on another paid site it haw been stated that its a Canadian company and will not be refunding or delivering products already paid for

No problem I'm upset my self I was waiting for the traction motors myself

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I hope that not too many people lost money with this guy. Like riogrande said, I have read nothing but trouble from this guy and Railflyer. I think he had good intentions and potential products, but had no clue regarding running a business. If I recall he was an airline pilot who did Railflyer on the side.
willie

I think he had some interesting ideas, but to my mind he was trying to do many different things at once, traction motors, detail parts, paint, a special tablet computer, all at the same time. And he seemed almost belligerent about getting people to pay him up front for things he might deliver some day.

He's been posting on the Yahoo IC Modeler with updates, it seems he is still intent on getting orders delivered. He's in a quandry about chinese manufacturing and quality so he got his own machining, its probably where the financial problems are. Its still wait and see from me, no orders made from me, should he get more solvent and producing product I may give him a go, but its an example of getting into this hobby business and poor economic times etc etc and make it work.

My thing Is I really wanted them traction motors I hope everything is on the up and up

Railflyer used to post occasional updates on this forum, but it seemed every time he did, one or two individuals made it their goal in life to constantly dredge up all the bads things they had heard about him until he finally stopped posting here.
I don't know how much of what was brought up was true, but it seemed the problems weren't even involving the people posting the trash, they were just intent on spreadinng the word.

Railflyer used to post occasional updates on this forum, but it seemed every time he did, one or two individuals made it their goal in life to constantly dredge up all the bads things they had heard about him until he finally stopped posting here.
I don't know how much of what was brought up was true, but it seemed the problems weren't even involving the people posting the trash, they were just intent on spreadinng the word.

I guess you are referring to me. Railflyer has hundreds of dollars of mine for parts which Mr. Howard vulgarly informed me he had no intention of delivering. And he kept the money. He's posted many times indicating that people who paid him money for undelivered products were financing the tooling for other parts (that they have no interest in) that he thought he could sell better. He calls it "crowdfunding", most people would call it "theft".

As the last time you criticized me for telling the truth about Mr. Howard's deceptive business practices, I will ask you again: how many Railflyer parts did you personally order, pay for, and receive, bnsf971?

Railflyer: big ideas, very big talk, no delivery, no scruples.

I personally paid two hundred for the motors I had no response yet

As the last time you criticized me for telling the truth about Mr. Howard's deceptive business practices, I will ask you again: how many Railflyer parts did you personally order, pay for, and receive, bnsf971?
I paid for nothing, and got it. I don't order stuff until it's produced.
Until now, I was referring to the people that seem to no longer belong to this forum, and their posts have been removed, that had no dog in this fight, but proceeded to pile on the guy, right or wrong.

I just edited out a lot of what I just posted, I think it was over the top. I can understand being po'ed about getting ripped off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you are referring to me. Railflyer has hundreds of dollars of mine for parts which Mr. Howard vulgarly informed me he had no intention of delivering. And he kept the money. He's posted many times indicating that people who paid him money for undelivered products were financing the tooling for other parts (that they have no interest in) that he thought he could sell better. He calls it "crowdfunding", most people would call it "theft".

Railflyer: big ideas, very big talk, no delivery, no scruples.

A perfect description of a con-man. In this case, because the sums of money are relatively small (in the grander scheme of things), he's counting on the fact that it's not worth any 1 ripped off person doing anything about it. Get together and see if a complaint against his fraudulent practices can be made. The IRS might be interested in whether he has mentioned this business to them.

A perfect description of a con-man. In this case, because the sums of money are relatively small (in the grander scheme of things), he's counting on the fact that it's not worth any 1 ripped off person doing anything about it. Get together and see if a complaint against his fraudulent practices can be made. The IRS might be interested in whether he has mentioned this business to them.

Railflyer is based in Canada, with different laws and remedies. it also makes any recovery problematic.

Post Office mail fraud unit might be better than IRS.
Seems the IRS has too many problems as it is.

thought that i read something from them saying that they were shutting down the railflyer brand and filing bankruptcy, but had plans to continue their efforts under a new entity.

International conning, the perfect scam, virtually untouchable. Be interesting to know if Railflyer was ever a ligit business that could actually file for bankruptcy (or bankruptcy protection). As far as recovering money paid, that's gone, never to be seen again. Phoenix (referring to the bird rising from the fire) companies/businesses are an old trick to avoid paying debts. Unfortunately they also get away with it.

International conning, the perfect scam, virtually untouchable. Be interesting to know if Railflyer was ever a ligit business that could actually file for bankruptcy (or bankruptcy protection). As far as recovering money paid, that's gone, never to be seen again. Phoenix (referring to the bird rising from the fire) companies/businesses are an old trick to avoid paying debts. Unfortunately they also get away with it.
sometimes a company is forced into this to survive. Other times, it is merely a dodge to keep from paying bills.

I have bought alot of detail parts from RailFlyer and always had a good experience with them. I am in no way affiliated with them, but just my $0.02. I ordered, payed with MC n recieved everything within 2 weeks normally. I would wager a guess of around $400 I spent there n never once did I not receive anything. I would give this guy positive feedback, but keep in mind, the last time I ordered anything was approx a year ago, so nothing recent. This is the first I have heard of them goin under...

Back