Railflyer at Springfield

Ooh, a former LNG unit!

That'll be a fun build. As for the side sills, those should go on last anyways. They will probably need some filing on either end and it'll be easier to do that once the step wells are in place, plus the SD traction motor cabling is pretty complex and I believe the sills will get in the way when installing it.

I'm trying to get my GP module somewhat presentable for the NE Proto Meet tomorrow, but if I get a chance tonight, I'll try to get an air tank built up with the brackets. That will be a good thing ot have at the show anyway.

Chris

Quoting myself, man this mail service is slow...

It takes awhile for shipments from New Brunswick to get down here to MA as well, generally it's at least as long as it takes me to get stuff to or from Seattle.

Interestingly enough though, anything shipped ground from CA will be here in 3-4 days, I'm not sure why Seattle takes so much longer.

Chris

Border

Guys,

Remember border delays are an issue. Its costing both sides around 14 billion dollars a year. Its easier and cheaper to get a shipment from China than one across the border. No reason for this waste. We got your back in places like Afghanistan but your "excited" politicians will not let train parts from Canada into the country quickly.

CJH

Heck, I thought it was funny when we got the last postal increase here (last year, not the May 1 2008 one), and it cost me $1.18 to send a bubble mailer with a CD in it to Arizona, and only $1.00 to send the same thing to Ontario! They fixed that as of May though.

Anyways, thanks for the tip Chris, I'll keep that in mind.

Railflyer Canadian Cab

I finally got around to taking a closer look at the Canadian cab I
purchased from Railflyer quite awhile back. The photo etch hasn't
arrived yet, but I took some photo's of the plastic. It's nicely
done, Cannon quality, and is going to look really nice with all the PE
added.

Photo's and a brief write-up are here: http://milepost15.wordpress.com

Chris

I just received the photo-etch for my Railflyer Canadian cab, from what I've been told all the cab orders have now shipped, so everyone who ordered one should have this stuff very soon as well. Anyway the frets look really terrific. I'm going to try to build up my cab over the next few days and will post some photo's then. In the meantime I took a shot of the frets and labeled all the parts I was able to identify: http://milepost15.wordpress.com/

- Chris

GMDD Wide Cab Photos

Guys,

Since the test shots where posted here back last winter we have finally shipped this product. It was a very extensive undertaking as can be seen here. This is just the nose section. There is still plenty of work to be done applying the side, rear and roof details. Everything you see in the images comes with the kit, no additional purchases to have the best looking Wide Cab on your build. This kit will fit the Athearn, Atlas and Kato models and also works with our locomotive building system.

Thanks for looking.

Christopher Howard
Railflyer Model Protoytpes Inc.

www.railflyermodelprototypes.com

Grabs

Mac,

The grabs are all 17" with 16 7/8"" center to center as on the majority of locomotives.

DP 6220 17" Drop Grabs - 20 (Photo-etch NBW included) $4.99
DP 6221 17" Drop Grabs - 60 (Photo-etch NBW included) $14.49

Thanks. They are all in stock and available through out web-site.

Christopher Howard
Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc.

www.railflyermodelprototypes.com

Christopher Howard asked me to post these. Window frames and Wipers installed. Thanks.

RFCAB25.jpg

RFCAB26.jpg

RFCAB27.jpg

Back