Quote for 05/27

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any.
Katharine Whitehorn

The trouble these days is that kids think money grows on trees and they want it NOW. Most of them have no work ethic or initative. You have to tell them everything to do. When I got my first job I looked for things to do and that made a good impression on my boss. I now work iwth a 21 yr old who is late almost every day only 5 or 10 minutes but still late. He has to be told to take out the trash, stock the shelves, clear the receiving dock and I think at times he needs to go to the bathroom. Not all are like this but there are more like than not from what I had seen around here.

leghome said:
The trouble these days is that kids think money grows on trees and they want it NOW. Most of them have no work ethic or initative. You have to tell them everything to do. When I got my first job I looked for things to do and that made a good impression on my boss. I now work iwth a 21 yr old who is late almost every day only 5 or 10 minutes but still late. He has to be told to take out the trash, stock the shelves, clear the receiving dock and I think at times he needs to go to the bathroom. Not all are like this but there are more like than not from what I had seen around here.
Eh-hem. :D
I know some kids like that too, but there are a few that truely want to work...

(shameless plug: please direct attention to the sig-- ;) )

Back