Questions from a total noob...

thanks for the comments.

i've cleaned up the "insides" of the unit and ran it once at my local hobby shop. it seemed ok but it was a little loud as it was running on bare track with nothing underneath. once i'm completely done i'm taking it over to a friend's layout to give it a proper run.

yes, i've done quite a bit of modeling. usually 1/43 scale F1 kits. this is just my first train project. i feel like my success depends on how well i do with the weathering—something i've done very little of. i'm a little apprehensive about it so i'm going to practice on my old HO stuff first.

wish me luck! i'll post the results here either way and try to take some better pics when the model is complete.

some pics of the completed project. the replacement horns are from 'miniatures by eric'. happy with the results and happy that i didn't totally ruin it applying the weathering!

cn7.jpg

cn2.jpg

cn1.jpg

cn5.jpg

cn3.jpg

cn4.jpg

cn6.jpg

Wow, nice job, I've been watching this thread for awhile, and after seeing the couplers finally figured out its N scale:eek:
I thought it was HO, fantastic work on a small loco!!

Mr. Grumpy,
Excellent job. In answer to your question about the holes on the side. Those were windows and they had glass in them. Often they were plated over with metal and painted, which would make for a dark place to walk but it was cheaper than replacing the glass.

Back