Question...

I thought I'd throw this one out there since I've read about in a RR magazine somewhere.
How many of you when building a layout include some sort of structure or business like the one you work in?
I am in law enforcement and work in corrections. Since I have a space of 30 feet by 15 feet to work with, I wanted to include a prison on my layout. I was just wondering how many of you include your careers on your layouts.

Scott

Mine will definitely have a fire station!

I work out of my home, but I gave a store front my business name. I also modeled buildings for my other hobbies. I've got a dive shop, a bicycle shop and a liquor store. My favorite one though is Donut world. There are pictures of that one elsewhere on this board.

Jim

Being a former peace officer, I've done a few police cars and have a dinky police department in my dinky town. I was never a firefighter but worked with them a lot so I have a fire station with a few engines and an ambulance, since I was also a paramedic. My "real life" job for most of my career was construction project management so I just tried to make sure I got the streets laid out right and the buildings pretty much square and plumb. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
*drool* Fire Departments rock. Rick's Decals has a Tiller out in HO scale now! Though it costs a hefty $80.

I love tiller trucks. By far the neatest piece of fire apparatus.

Don't think my little village can justify a tiller to the city council!

Back