Question on diamonds

mushroom2

Non Rivet Counter
I finally found a place to get at least a chase the caboose kind of layout in my apartment. The only problem is that it will end up as a dual scale layout HO and N. So with all the constraints, if I want to do anything other than an oval within an oval, I might end up needing a diamond that is N guage one direction and HO the other. Does anybody make anything like that?

Google came up empty, as I kinda figured it would, so I'm guessing you'll have to hand lay it. The two different code tracks could be tricky, but I have absoulutely no knowledge on that subject, so I'll just shut up now :)

I might end up needing a diamond that is N guage one direction and HO the other. Does anybody make anything like that?
Somehow or other I don't think so, as there would not be too much demand for it. Why not build your own to your own specs. HO raol, N rail and a piece of copper clad printed cct. board. solder the rail on in your configureation, cut the copper where electrical isolation is needed, solder jumper wires to complete continuety where needed. Could take a bit of time but shouldnt be too difficult.
Cheers Willis

It's been a long time since this thread was active, but I do have an answer.

Yes. There was a crossing diamond manufactured with HO and N guage track at one time. I saw one or two sitting on a shelf at my LHS. I don't recall the crossing angle, but I think it was 45 degrees or so. No package, probably used.

Lone Star Trains in San Antonio Texas.
I don't have any of the contact info to hand but I can dig it up. They do have a website and do a lot of order shipping.

Back