Question for long time members here

rgeiter

Conrail Quality
Was this from this forum back in 2002?

I was once very active on several railroad and model railroad forums in the good ol’ days before the scourge of social media. Members would send this car to another member who would then have to photograph it on their layout, post it, and find someone to ship it to. From what I remember it was literally all over the world.

Wonder where it is now.View attachment 125395
45F2B6D1-407E-4590-B04B-299761C8B3D1.jpeg
0FABBFA6-DC11-4945-866E-E554F899226B.jpeg

Since the website listed on the car is different, I would tend to think not, but as websites do sometimes change, it's possible. '02 predates me on thi8s forum, so I cant be sure.

I like the idea, though!

Since the website listed on the car is different, I would tend to think not, but as websites do sometimes change, it's possible. '02 predates me on thi8s forum, so I cant be sure.

I like the idea, though!
I looked up railroadforum.com and it has the same layout as this forum. So there may be a connection? There are a few member names here that I’ve seen somewhere before, somewhere.🤔

I looked up railroadforum.com and it has the same layout as this forum. So there may be a connection? There are a few member names here that I’ve seen somewhere before, somewhere.🤔
There currently is nothing at that address, any pages directed to are from the current Railroadforums.com. The old forum isn't directly relted to this one, there are a few common members.

Last edited:
Websites and forums in general do not enjoy the usage and participation that they used to. I was a member of this and other forums years ago, and it was a bustling place. Now it's almost empty.

One of the rail modeler magazines had a few features some years ago about various cars that were sent from layout to layout, most often when someone died, unfortunately, and were honored with a funeral "special run".

My wife, BTW, was involved in a similar type of thing when she was a Geocacher. There was a toy Hummer she cached that went all over the world, moved person-to-person until it was last heard from in the Netherlands on its way towards Eastern Europe.

Back