Question for anybody and everybody that can help me???

zachery02

i am adding another track to my layout and i am not sure of something:confused: . To go over my exsiting track i want to use a cross piece of track is this poss. I plan on using two different power packs for each track, now by using this cross section track will it mess up my power to either of my track layouts. or what else can i use besides going over or under my exsisting track. or is there a way??? Please and thank you very much...??

Hi Zach, it sounds like you're referring to a 'diamond', where two tracks cross at-grade. And yes it is possible to keep the two tracks separate (electrically), if you use a standard Atlas diamond or something similar.

Ok

Ok i think that is what i am using but i am not sure it is a atlas but i do not know if it is a dimond or what you are talking about though it looks like an X is that what you are talking about i mean how can i tell i am kinda new at using this. i just don't want to put it together and it not work ya know??

Hook a transformer to one side of the X and test to see if you have power on the other side of the X. If you do it wont do what you want. If you have power only straight across from where you hook it up then you are good to go. Use a test light or a meter to check it.

Hook a transformer to one side of the X and test to see if you have power on the other side of the X. If you do it wont do what you want. If you have power only straight across from where you hook it up then you are good to go. Use a test light or a meter to check it.

If you don't have a test light or meter, you could probably just touch the wheels of the locomotive to the rails to see if it gets any power.

Back