Question about a mail order company

T.C.

I am looking at the TrainMasters website and they seem to have good prices and reasonable shipping.
Has anyone bought from them and if so how was the service in regards to fill rate and shipping (fast or slow) ?
Any comment or advice is welcome
Thanks T.C.

I find them all to be reliable, because if they had a rep for bad sales practices, rip offs, what have you, they'd have been reported by now and possibly shut down..One dealer I've made a lot of purchases from is "The Favorite Spot"...And that's what they proved to be...
I'd say go ahead and order it.. Any prob in the purchase is protected by ebay, in your favor, and will work out a way to satisfy your purchase all way through a refund (But all that stuff is quite seldom). How many rating stars ***** and positive reviews do they have by customers ? I believe those are not falsified either.. If they have a 4-5 ***** rating it's 99.44% sure you'll get the item and in the time and condition stated...M

Last edited by a moderator:
I find them all to be reliable, because if they had a rep for bad sales practices, rip offs, what have you, they'd have been reported by now and possibly shut down..One dealer I've made a lot of purchases from is "The Favorite Spot"...And that's what they proved to be...
I'd say go ahead and order it.. Any prob in the purchase is protected by ebay, in your favor, and will work out a way to satisfy your purchase all way through a refund (But all that stuff is quite seldom). How many rating stars ***** and positive reviews do they have by customers ? I believe those are not falsified either.. If they have a 4-5 ***** rating it's 99.44% sure you'll get the item and in the time and condition stated...M
"Mail order" is NOT "Ebay".

You are right, they do have good prices, and seem to have free shipping if you are American in the lower 48.
However, I stop trusting a company that quotes $70.00US to ship 1 small HO locomotive to Canada, believing that there is something fishy going on or that they are just not interested in foreign business. Which is sad, because there is a lot of money in Canada too be spent online.
Personally, I will not shop with this company due to exchange rates and ludicrous shipping costs, but, they are probably good for you if you live down there. I would check with the BBB, though, before placing an order.

You are right, they do have good prices, and seem to have free shipping if you are American in the lower 48.
However, I stop trusting a company that quotes $70.00US to ship 1 small HO locomotive to Canada, believing that there is something fishy going on or that they are just not interested in foreign business. Which is sad, because there is a lot of money in Canada too be spent online.
Personally, I will not shop with this company due to exchange rates and ludicrous shipping costs, but, they are probably good for you if you live down there. I would check with the BBB, though, before placing an order.
I shipped a model locomotive back to Canada for repair, and it cost me $50. And that was with me doing the legwork myself. If I had to pay somebody to go to the Post Office (twice) and stand in line to ship, that cost would have been even higher.

I use a credit card that is used just for online purchases in case there's a problem. I keep the credit limit low and watch the card's activities. Once there's a dispute it takes several billing cycles to resolve the problem. If you don't pay the card's balance, you find yourself with interest payments while the purchase is disputed.

I did a credit card purchase while up north at a bar/grill and within two hours a charge was made using my card in Chicago. VISA discovered the charge in Chicago and refused to allow the purchase to be carried out. The purchase in Chicago was a telephone order that was placed using my card number and secure code.

The only problem I have had with a online purchase at a hobby shop in New York state was they didn't recognize or like the strange address I have that uses the grid system with North and West locations. They alerted Master Charge and they put a hold on my card.

Greg

#########################

They take PayPal so that's what I would use to pay, I guess if it goes south on me I could file a clam with PP ?
I'm actually more concerned with poor fill rate and slow shipping.
T.C.

They take PayPal so that's what I would use to pay, I guess if it goes south on me I could file a clam with PP ?
I'm actually more concerned with poor fill rate and slow shipping.
T.C.
Yes, PayPal, or mastercard,et al.. PP, ebay, both will protect you. But you've nothing to fear, anyway..

OPer title "Quest about a mail order company" : I believe the OPer is referring to 'online purchasing', but mixing it up with the term 'mail order'....
Mail order was a way of buying things before the internet, via USPS. One would see an item in a magazine, or on TV and buy it via mailing a check or money order to the dealer (no plastic yet). I don't know if mail order even exists any longer. Though m.o. is similar to online, online is way way faster and has way better protection for the shopper....

Last edited by a moderator:

Back