Psst, Hawkeye251, jbaakko (and other diesel modelers)

Yes!!!!

Thanks for the review Chris, see you around tomorrow hopefully, I'm in CT tonight.

I have a vast amount of US step, pilot and sill variations to match the walkway modules that will start arriving in the next few weeks.

On the way down I was able to photograph some old GP40's and even a high nose SD45 used by Pan Am.

DP 1078 is your match for early Dash 2 and late straight GP units. DP 1079 if you want the SD type.

I also have tread-plate that matches all of the step variations. The tread-plate is an exact to scale pattern. The treads are individual panes and easy to apply. Let Chris fill you in if he's around tomorrow at the NE RPM show.

Take care,

CJH

If I wasn't clear, I do have early pilots coming too even though they were not used on Dash 2's. One early mod of our GP Walkway Module will be a new scale walkway duct for straight GP's. This is a separate part from the walkway molding but its included in the basic module. We have both SD and GP Dash 2 versions already tooled. The straight GP walkway duct is slightly shorter and with it, new earlier pilots, DP 1078, you'll have a straight GP very easily.

CJH

CJH

So early, Non-dash 2 SD38/39/40/45 pilots. DP 1078 isn't going to work if its a dash 2 one, though there's not very much of difference. I guess I can use it, but the bid issue is the steps.

GP35 Steps

Josh,

I managed to measure and photograph 9803 today. It was built as an SP GP35 in 1964 I think.

Would these steps do? I also found an measured up a Guilford GP40 that was idling in Connecticut last weekend for the pilots and steps. The GP35 steps are noticeably different. Its tread-plate is different too. I'm likely going to offer this unique variation.

CJH

Hey Guys,

I got an e-mail from Christopher last night, it sounds like the walkway modules will be done with tooling in the next few days. He showed me some test shots in Connecticut and this stuff is going to be terrific. If you're thinking about placing an order, do it soon!

The more orders he has, the less financing he needs to come up with, and the sooner we'll be able to build true scale 2nd generation EMD units, without the needs to butcher anything with a Dremel.

Chris

Sweet Chris! I'm looking at ordering some stuff very soon. I have a GP50/MP20GP project that would look even better if I built it all instead of bashing an Athearn GP50.

Josh,

The pilots are not a problem, Brian Banna was onto me about doing them a while ago and yes they will be available.

The steps are quite close to DP 1079 - the EMD SD Generic Steps. You'll be safe with them.

I measured up an old SP GP35 this weekend and the older GP steps were quite different. Wider and shorter than the standard ones found later on in the GP38/40 series. These early steps are something that I want to do as well.

Christopher Slemp is right, I really do need the orders and sales now to get this stuff out quickly. I fall into the traditional catch 22 of small business, need a product to get sales, need sales to get product. I am in process of arranging additional financing for more components of the locomotive system but this takes time. I'm trying to get the end user involved as an investor here.

Take care,

Christopher Howard
Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc.

Update

Guys,

The plastic components are definitly on the way from my supplier on Monday, 06/18/2007.

I have nearly all of the Canadain variations of the ethings done, working on th United States side now. The pilots of the first runs and the new ones will also be wrapped up this week. We have the sills, bolster mounts for the jack pads already done.

So to sum it all up, once the samples arrive we can get the packaging sorted out and there you go. A product ready to send out to confirmed orders.

We are asking for all the help you can give. Thanks for the support.

Christopher Howard

www.railflyermodelprototypes.com

Well, I got paid on the Triple Crown Roadrailer auction and as soon as I received word that the high bidder received the shipment intact and that all was right with the sale, I clicked over to Railflyer and placed my order. I simply can't wait to receive these walkway kits! The real trouble now is getting enough Cannon doors, fans, grilles, roof stock, blower housings, etc. to finish them out.

Anyone looking for some undecorated Athearn SD40-2s? ;)

GP Side Sill Options & 4000 US GAL Scale Profile Fuel Tank Options

Guys,

We had a few more modifications done on the frame / walkways but the word is that the tooling should be finished this week and samples sent.

I am getting the photo-etch components into production soon and have started to finalize options for the locomotive system. Check out the home page of the web-site for two .pdf's regarding the GP Side Sill and 4000 US GAL fuel tank options. More to come...

Christopher Howard

www.railflyermodelprototypes.com

I'm back...

Guys,

Sorry its been busy and its only getting worse. Our baby is due in less than 40 days. Our first batch of new photo-etch components and new items that are related to the walkway modules are arriving sometime after 08-17-2007. A second batch of stage etching is in production now. A third and final batch of photo-etch is being drafted now and will likely take a week or so to finish up. That said the photo-etch components for the walkway modules will be entirely in stock within the next few weeks.

jbaakko - this includes your pilots and early steps. Go to the web-site and download the .pdf for new product lists. Email contact_us@railflyermodelprototypes.com to order the new items.

Plastic - we have a second set of samples that have been revised on their way. Depending on my fixes being implemented the walkway modules will be ready for production based on the revisions. Right now we have two of the fuel tank variations complete. We are working on securing a new group of tooling that will include:

Additional fuel tanks
Under-frame details
New coupler plates and jack pads
GMDD Wide Cab Kit

Once these items are secure next up will be the GE coupler plates and GMD NBM Bells. They will be followed by the Spartan Cab kits.

We are also working on a drive and thin trucks for the walkway modules. Until we have our own side-frames you can mount Athearn ones.

New Railflyer Website

Hey all,

Since Chris hasn't done so yet, I thought I'd let everyone know that the Railflyer website has been completely redesigned and is back online. Same address: www.railflyermodelprototypes.com.

It's organized much better now and has an actual shopping cart system. He's got a lot of new stuff coming out soon, most of which should either be on the site now or will be soon.

Chris (not the railflyer Chris)

Back