Proud to be a Veteran

I salute you, Brother. And to all other Veterans, peace and good health.

Canadian Armed Forces 1975 - 2004

Cyprus-79/80, Bosnia-2001.

-Crandell

Thanks from me also to all of you vets who served and fought to keep my sorry butt safe. I appreciate each and every one of you. My dad served on PT boats in the Pacific in 1943-45 and died two years ago today. A real American hero who did what he had to to protect his buddies and his country and then returned to raise seven kids and become an engineer. I miss you, Pop.

[Edit]: Thanks to you also, Crandell. We often forget that the Canadians have served and continue to serve shoulder to shoulder with our troops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry, did you ever have an assignment to Camp Drake, Japan. There was an ASA there at that time and while I was also there in the Air Force communication center.

Australian Army 1962 - 1993

2 tours to Malaya (Malaysia) Borneo 1965 and Viet Nam. It was good and I would do it all over again.

Bob Hayes

Hats Off Too All Veterans!

We all owe a lot to all Veterans now alive and a lot more to those who have sacrificed their lives to keep us free and safe, not only today but everyday.

God Bless You All!

I was inducted right when Viet Nam was going on but was rejected due to injuries received in a bad auto accident in 1965.

My Father served in both the Army and the Navy and went out on Submarine
patrols over the Bermuda Triangle.

My Father... ...went out on Submarine
patrols over the Bermuda Triangle.
I went thru there a few times. I was on an oiler (the USS Truckee, AO-147) southeast of Florida when it "dropped the load", i.e., lost all electrical power. We couldn't get the emergency diesel generator started for 4 hours so we were dead in the water. Had to drag batteries from all corners of the ship to the emergency diesel to crank it, luckily it finally started :eek:

Top men, going back my great grans brother was awarded the VC at 16-1/2 years of age, he died in the battle of jutland during WW1, youngest man ever to recieve it.
God bless them all

USMC, 09/2002 - 09/2006, Combat Veteran.

Had to dump some money in the vets collection box at work today.

Jerry, did you ever have an assignment to Camp Drake, Japan. There was an ASA there at that time and while I was also there in the Air Force communication center.

No , never there, Phu Bai , Adak Alaska , Herzogenaurach , Germany , Sinop , Turkey , Pehshwar , Pakistan. Never even got to stop off in Japan.

I am no veteran, but I thank each and every one of you that have served to protect the rights and freedoms we all enjoy today. My father-in-law is currently serving in the Canadian Army, and has been on many tours of duty, including two in Afghanistan.

My hats off to all.

Back