Prototype Pictures: Weathering Inspiration

I Hearby Deem Thee...

Josh, you're now the official ModelRailroadForums.com Painting and Weathering Forum Weathering Inspiration photographer. ;) How goes the PHP deal?

Seriously, excellent photos. I still drool over that Railbox...:eek:

the php dealyo is acting up, I'm trying to find the coding for one that will give me everything, lol, its not working so well... HOPEFULLY the one I just uploaded a few days ago works good. 'Cept I've been so busy with another site that I havn't worked on the resource! Well next Friday I'll be out again, I'm going in seach of some other angles in Kingman Canyon.

Here are a trio of boxcars from three of my favorite roads, may they rust in peace. Varying levels of weathering, even though they are all fairly aged at this point in their lives.

Photographed at Marion, OH last year from the steps of the tower. A great place to be able to get a little roof action and still see the side of the car.

If any one wants full size originals of these, drop me a line and I will email them to you.

Now that I looked at that shot of the BNSF 60' plug door again, it looks as if it was at an angle in some water... If you look closely at the rusty end there's white "water mark" lines... Hummm...

EDIT By the way, I'm going to use maj.com to host the Resource, sort of like I have my best shots, I'll just iFrame it up a bit, Hopefully have it done by weeks end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Crook! I could definitely use full size originals of all three boxcars, but especially the Boston & Maine boxcar. My email address is: nospam-ryan.harris@sbcglobal.net (just remove the "nospam-").

Last edited by a moderator:
Crook,

Nice pictures! Looks like those WSOR boxes have the same problem as the old Southern box cars had-running letters. Brown and white just don't tend to mix...

A few more inspirational pics for you weathering folks. ;)

5756IMG_0824.JPG

1838IMG_0796.JPG

Well, this photos arent from the north (of america), but may you can get something to add to your projects.
First group its from the south of the country, where its so rainy and cold. Please sorry about some pics quality, it was taken from a train in movement.
And the second group its from the north of the country, where there are places that didnt see a rainfall for more than 70 years, so here dust and morning fogs wheatered the equipment.

2nd group

Back